. .
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Its right here:Name:  kick-in-the-balls.gif
Views: 1238
Size:  24.9 KB

I went with the pink shoes just for you Jazzmin, i hope you like it :twisted:
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Its right here:Name:  kick-in-the-balls.gif
Views: 1238
Size:  24.9 KB

I went with the pink shoes just for you Jazzmin, i hope you like it :twisted:
    Eh she kicks just like my Ex wife.!! . . . . She looks just like the fat bastard as well.. .:rofl:

And I will be the second in the queue

Some small progress on the machine.

The rear doors have been modified to a two piece sliding design from the original double doors. I had to do this because space is tight and that made it a right pain in the backside to get in there. I've also fitted a larger e-chain to the gantry as the original was far too small for the spindle plumbing and various cable for spindle, home switch and stepper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doormod01.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	5591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doormod02.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	5592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc16.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	5590  

Gotta love how slack I am! Its still half in pieces and hasn't cut much apart from air. My excuse? Well I've been putting off finishing what I started and instead using the old manual methods that have never failed me(that's a lie they fail me all the time).

I sense Jazz at the back tutting at me.

Its not all in vain though, I'm making a push to get things done at last. Who knows, it might cut its first useful part this year!

Anyway the control box is now wired up and ready to let out magic smoke! Only the vfd, random wiring, x axis ballscrews, home switches, testing and setup to go... ok I'm gonna shut up now because it'll end up on ebay otherwise.

Attached are the before and after shots.

Name:	ctrlbox00.JPG 
Views:	460 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	6227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctrlbox06.JPG 
Views:	373 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	6226  
    Last edited by Shinobiwan; 03-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Gotta love how slack I am!
    Me too. Wiring is ready to begin but work has been weird at the moment. Although that may well be just an excuse.

Control box looks well tidy.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Me too. Wiring is ready to begin but work has been weird at the moment. Although that may well be just an excuse.

Control box looks well tidy.

Bruce
    Thanks Bruce.

I know what you mean. I have little interest in the DIY side of CNC, ironic really since I bought a commercial machine and still ended up doing just that! Anyway its hard to build up the motivation to play around stripping wires and doing generally boring and fiddly jobs. But its getting beyond a joke now and I need to make a push otherwise all I have is an expensive lump of metal that isn't paying its way.

8. Nice AM882 drivers,

Trust me you will really notice a difference from the ones that you had been using. As far as wiring goes I have got it done to the point of the machine working and starting to earn it's keep. I still need to get a few parts of my own and get them fitted and done. Also need to get the relays I bought in place so that all the other work is safe guarded and reduce risk of things going wrong.

Just put your shoulder to it and get it done. No it is not fun and can be a pain in the back side but the end result will be worth it in productivity increase and increase in quality control. Then comes the fun of g-code, which so many think is just turn on the CAM program and plug in the code and I can tell you that is rarely the case unless you have done a huge amount of set up to the CAM program. Some CAM does not let you do that level of set up so you have to go in and edit the code to get a really nice finish.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Nice AM882 drivers,

Trust me you will really notice a difference from the ones that you had been using.
    Unfortunatly No he won't Micheal.? . . . The old ones never got used for much more than 10mins and never cut anything but air (Badly. .).!! . . . . But your right in that there will be difference in the performance of the machine because he's gone from crappy chinese lead shine copies running 44V to kick arse lead shine full Digitals running 70V. . . He's going to be smiling from ear to ear. .

Looking good now.

More jobs done like the home switches, sliding doors and the rewire is finally complete(*#&! of a job! Will be glad if I never have to strip another wire in my life!).

Only the spindle plumbing and refit the x axis screws left.

Name:	cnc17.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	6279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc18.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	6280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc19.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	6281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc20.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	6282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doormod03.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	6283  

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information