. .
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Hi all, am new to this and was looking for a small cnc unit. Saw one on eBay as a private sale and - very stupidly- paid a significant amount of cash outside of eBay expecting delivery in a week. 4 weeks later no delivery and, by means of some detective work found that it was Strike CNC using another eBay account.
    Of course, no Strike phone numbers now work..

Has anyone any joy with legals?
    My machine was apparently in the loading bay at the Strike unit but 'disappeared' on Monday before I could collect. Anyone seen a 3 axis- about 500x750 bed?

Just wish I had seen your posts first but of course it didn't appear as a Strike CNC purchase at the time.

There's a link to trading standards on this thread so best to contact them for anything legal to do with this company.
    Never understand why people part with money outside of paypal. If its a lot & seller is trying to avoid fees then go see them cash in sweaty little mit until you have seen it & your happy.

If they have feedback worth caring about, see if they are listing something cheap.

Hi All
    I see this thread has come on a bit since I posted and I see there are a few more victims of Strike cnc and my advice to anyone who has a problem with strikecnc is to read this thread from start to finish and contact the victims and then as a group contact Trading Standards ( I have posted the link on this thread ) Please do not involve me as I have washed my hands of Strike cnc and cut my losses,,,,,(and there are a lot of them in lost orders and money.)
    But only as a group will you make things happen.
    And the lucky ones who have a machine of sorts or part of a machine then there are good willed and kind folk on this website who will help you as they have helped me.
    Thank you Jonathan......Thank You

Pete

Did everyone get their money back or a machine from Strike in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Did everyone get their money back or a machine from Strike in the end?
    Hi Bud
    I know of a few that didnt get anything and lost a load of money at the hands of this skumbag.
    He sent the Police round to my place accusing me of stealing one of his machines from his workshop and after a few hours in the Police station explaining that I knew nothing about the missing CNC........ I skipped all the way to my car HAPPY in the knowledge that someone had got one over on this Fraudster .
    After totally rebuilding the machine I bought from him I am now up and running and starting to make some money at last.
    Pete

What about a small claims court action? Its £50 and I think if you start a thread the others may chip in and you can bring it in as a class action on behalf of the others. There’s plenty of evidence here and you will probably find others, also let EBay know what you are doing and give them the small claims number and they have to, by law suspend them trading on their site pending the outcome.
    I did it with a garage that sold me a wrong un, I got my claim money back but nothing else but they closed the company.. a little revenge I think.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Hi Bud
    I know of a few that didnt get anything and lost a load of money at the hands of this skumbag.
    He sent the Police round to my place accusing me of stealing one of his machines from his workshop and after a few hours in the Police station explaining that I knew nothing about the missing CNC........ I skipped all the way to my car HAPPY in the knowledge that someone had got one over on this Fraudster .
    After totally rebuilding the machine I bought from him I am now up and running and starting to make some money at last.
    Pete
    Someone stole one of his machines? Isn't that a bit like raiding a public toilet for floaters? Haha

Whilst I don't agree with stealing at all, in this case I'd like to make an exception and shake the hand of the guy that did that. Its probably the only justice we'll see out of all this.

Now to make my life complete here's hoping he falls down a long flight of stairs!
    Last edited by Shinobiwan; 11-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Oh Argh Oh ah self control as never been my strong point but the medication must be working because I'm resisting.!!!!! . .:whistling:

When the urge gets too much I just think back to all those 100000's of lines the teacher gave me.??

Casper . . Write 1000's times. . . " I Must learn to keep my mouth shut". .
    Jazz.. I hope you never learn to keep your mouth shut. Ive read this thread and Im gutted for those people like Ant who have had such a bad time with this shiester. But i must say that is why your input into this forum is so important, "you say it like you see it" and i for 1 am greatfull for your wisdom as im sure many others are.
    I got to imagine what the inside of HMP would look like as thats where i would have ended up if it were me, not that that would matter as the club would have sorted the rest out in my absence.

JAZZ please Keep your opinions comming and if it offends people then they can ignor your comments. I have to say I am so sorry for those people who have shelled out and ended up with nothing. but I personaly thank them for sharing the experience they have had at the hands of "STRIKECNC" as their experiences will make sure this guy and others like him will not trade for long... VIVA the internet, VIVA the forum, and VIVA members like JAZZ, who help in more ways than they Know.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

From what I have read on this thread I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone would steal one of his machines, isn't that just inflicting more pain on yourself ??
    Unfortunately people like this often get away with it, seen the same sort of thing in different industries where they don't lose anything personally & just start up again with a different name, doesn't help those that have lost money but if your spending that sort of money on machinery then go & visit the company before parting with any cash & make sure you do your research properly. Having been bitten ( very very big style) 10 years or so ago I'm a lot more careful what I do with my cash & if a deal looks to good to be true then best advice would be to give it a very wide berth.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information