. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Do i have the right idea with this?
    Yes but you can if you want to save inputs put them all on the same input X,Y & Z Axis.

The switch's 3 terminals would go something like this:
    Terminal 1 = input
    Terminal 2= output normaly closed or Terminal 3= output normally open.
    To check which is which just use a multimeter set to continuity then probe between pin 1 and any of the others, one should show continuity when switch is NOT pressed, this is the NC switch, the other will show no continiuty untill switch IS pressed. This the NC switch.

Personally I would wire all the limits in series X,Y & Z to 1 input and the home switch's to another.

That's awesome jazz thanks for the reply. I will wire them to 2 separate imputs. I've been thinking about these Honeywell micro switches ps these little switches seem very flimsy

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    That's awesome jazz thanks for the reply. I will wire them to 2 separate imputs. I've been thinking about these Honeywell micro switches ps these little switches seem very flimsy
    If they are the little Micro switch type they work resonably ok and are fine for limit switch's because you hardly (Or should) ever use them. But for home switch's I suggest you use better quality switchs because they get a lot of use. The cheap micro switch one's tend to bend the lever so not very good for repeatabilty.
    I have honeywell switch's on my homes and they are spot on and have never failed me plus give good repeatabilty. There are better switch's regards repeatabilty etc but I like the honeywells because they are very robust and just work giving good enough repeatabilty for my needs.

The only snag with using series switches comes when you switch on with either active and try to home it.

It doesn't have a clue which way to go :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    The only snag with using series switches comes when you switch on with either active and try to home it.

It doesn't have a clue which way to go :naughty:
    Yep thats why it's good practice to always jog away before homing.!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information