. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey guys, im having a problem with wiring my limit switches up to the uniport.

Do any of you good guys have a wiring diagram which i could go off or possibly give me a fool proof option :whistling:

sorry maybe i should mention i would like the switches to act as home switches also. i had one test switch hooked up and homed the machine pressed the switch and it backed off but didnt stop until i let off the switch

I've been thinking about changing my limit switches, I'm very interested by RS pn: 171-3808, a slotted optical flag switch.

Here's a data sheet: http://docs-europe.electrocomponents...6b80028ba3.pdf

It switches with a max force of 1.5gms, they all agree with each other plus minus 3 degrees and it has a good overtravel (infinite if you get the actuator angles right).

What they don't tell you is the hysteresis and repeatability for an individual part. Even without the benefit of a Schmitt there is a distinct possibility it could be freakin' amazing as a positioning switch.

I will order some today and report back.

so did you just run without the switches? im running mine without but just want that little bit extra from the machine

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    im using a uniport v2 i,ll have to fish out what came with it.

it was jonathan on here that wired mine but for some reason we could never get more than 3 switches to work when all were wired none would work.

They do look interesting,!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I've been thinking about changing my limit switches, I'm very interested by RS pn: 171-3808, a slotted optical flag switch.

Here's a data sheet: http://docs-europe.electrocomponents...6b80028ba3.pdf

It switches with a max force of 1.5gms, they all agree with each other plus minus 3 degrees and it has a good overtravel (infinite if you get the actuator angles right).

What they don't tell you is the hysteresis and repeatability for an individual part. Even without the benefit of a Schmitt there is a distinct possibility it could be freakin' amazing as a positioning switch.

I will order some today and report back.

Double post
    Last edited by D-man; 13-02-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    i had one test switch hooked up and homed the machine pressed the switch and it backed off but didnt stop until i let off the switch
    Thats how home switches are supposed to work.! They hit the switch which triggers the signal state then reverse until the switch releases's and signal changes back to it's original state. Depending how you have them wired IE Normally open (NO) or Normally closed(NC) the signal will go Hi or Low the control software(Mach etc) just watch's for this change.

Wire them NC for safe operation then if a wire breaks or comes lose then the signals lost and machine stops.

The wiring is easy just wire them in series IE + - + - + - + -

cheers JAZZ, my switches only have 1,2,3 on them would 1 be the positive?

Do i have the right idea with this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	7077 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	5351  

10. Robin,

I got family not to far from there. Might see if they have counter service and get a group order together if they do as that looks like a very nice set up and with just a little bit of shielding from FOD would be a very dependable switch.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information