. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. That is excellent. Oh, Y and Z axis zero now setting up the steeper per mm on those and working on tracking down a problem on the twin screws.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    That is excellent. Oh, Y and Z axis zero now setting up the steeper per mm on those and working on tracking down a problem on the twin screws.

Michael
    Problems.?? We'll have none of that here Mr Marino we'll be speaking shortly.!!

3. JazzCNC - what stepper motors and volts/amps does your newly vertical machine use?

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    JazzCNC - what stepper motors and volts/amps does your newly vertical machine use? Karl
    Karl on X axis which is the vertical Axis it use's a single 6.5Nm Nema 34 motor which drives 2x5mm pitch 20mm ballscrews connected with timing belts geared 1:2
    Running Gecko 203V drives all axis at 76V & think 6A from a home built toroidal transformer but it's been a while so not 100% sure on Amp's.!! Y & Z Axis are direct drive 3NM Nema 34's same 76V @ 4.5-5A again not 100% on amps.

On a side note it's cut it's first(while vertical) steel today without any hassle, 300mm long slots in 3mm mild steel box section 1mm Doc 10mm cutter steady 400mm/min. .:dance:

have you got images and video yet jazz ??

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post

James
    This was in a previous quote
    http://youtu.be/pjJ88n-ynx0
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post

James
    Only the rough proped against wall version see post #6 link at bottom.
    I will do another in a week or 2 when it's completely finished but at the minute I'm upto my neck in steel got 2 big jobs going at same time, 3 including mine so it's getting done along side them while I have the welder out. Will post pics as I build the frame.

THat is a monster machine to have mounted vertically - but the amount of space it saves in terms of foot print is immense. I can't tell if you wall you are mounting it to is rendered breeze or solid brickwork...or did you strengthen the wall in any way before mounting? Cheers ice.

Bloody hell Jazz that's fantastic I bet you will be knocking up another CNC now to fill the space on the floor LOL:rofl:

James

Quote Originally Posted by icedfusion View Post
    I can't tell if you wall you are mounting it to is rendered breeze or solid brickwork...or did you strengthen the wall in any way before mounting? Cheers ice.
    The wall is 6" Concrete block but it wont actually be mounted to the wall, In the video it's just bolted to wall temp to stop it falling over.

It will actually be mounted/bolted on a wedge shaped frame which gives the lean back angel approx 80deg. This frame will take the weight and support the top plus allow for adjustment, it will be bolted to the floor not the wall.
    I didn't want heat expansion and vibration from high winds/sun the wall takes transfering into the machine, it will possibly but up against the wall but with a rubber buffer in between, kind off like a car engine mount.
    I may put some lift up/down wheels on so can be easily moved if required. . . . It's bloody heavy.

So far I' m loving it. :dance:
    It was a bit Odd at first because I'm so used to standing at side of machine and X,Y coords being left/right & away/towards me.!!!. . . . Which they still are but I have to tilt my head now for it to become clear which is easy enough but very strange at first.:confused:

The only Negative I found so far is that it's slightly more akward to hold and clamp material but again I'm adapting and changing how I do it and it's becoming easier and certainly not a problem or hassle just different.!. . . . . . Oh and I miss having the rest of the table to dump shit onto. .:whistling:

James I haven't filled the space with one single machine yet.!!!. . . . . . I'm just slowly filling it with enough steel for two.! :rofl:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information