. .

Thread: Mach3 screens

Just wondering if you mach3 users just use the standard screen or update to a different one..and why?

Bruce

Just realised that this is in the wrong section.....sorry:whistling:
    Last edited by motoxy; 25-02-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: thick
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

No the standard screen is rubbish.!! There are several different screens on the mach web site but the one I use and prefer is Gerry's screen which you'll find here http://home.comcast.net/~cncwoodworker/2010.html
    You will have to buy it thou can tell you it's worth the cost, miles better than anything else.

Or you can have ago at making your own.???. . . . Now thats good brain crunching fun.!!

This is the one we use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	machtouchscreen.jpg 
Views:	6360 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	5390

Because we are training people to use the machines we cannot be too far away from the standard screen but this one has been simplified and made better for touch screen use.

Also everything needed is on the first screen, tool length offsets, MDI, over rides etc.
    There is no need to use the other screens if you don't want to.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post

Or you can have ago at making your own.???. . . . Now thats good brain crunching fun.!!
    I will but probably should have some idea what I am doing first. Always helps. :lol:
    Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    I will but probably should have some idea what I am doing first. Always helps. :lol:
    Bruce
    I always thought Mach3 was a great product let down badly by it's tiny toolpath view ....yes I know you can get other screensets to load up, but then you're reliant on whether the custom screenset creator has also implemented your most used buttons. (else you're faced with toggling screensets all the time)

This was one of reasons I moved over to CNC-USB .....it has a nice large toolpath view that dominates the whole app!

6. I use Gerry's, which Jazz showed me and it is a massive improvement over the standard screen set.

Michael

Thread Information