. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by croy View Post
    Thanks, i am going to finish watching the rugby, then i'll give it another try.
    Erm ye Should I really be helping a welsh man after kicking our arse's yesterday. .

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 26-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    I'm not Welsh, I'm South African. but i did support the Welsh yesterday.

and I'm still grateful for your help.
    Regards,
    Roy Stark

I'm not Welsh, I'm South African. but i did support the Welsh yesterday.

and I'm still grateful for your help.
    It's ok I'd much prefer to sit watch that lion on your avitar than rubgy or football.!!. . . . Now motoX or any motosports then thats different story.!

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 26-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Hi Jazzcnc, going on the figures you worked out would i then be correct in surmising that my potential accuracy for turning can be 0.005mm

Accuracy = Pitch/Steps per

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Well there's your problem then.

If 1600 micro steps and 4mm pitch with 20T on motor and 40T screw then try 800 in steps per. So formule (micro steps/pitch) * (screw pulley/motor pulley)
    Regards,
    Roy Stark

It's ok I'd much prefer to sit watch that lion on your avitar than rubgy or football.!!. . . . Now motoX or any motosports then thats different story.!
    This screw still sounds very rough when it is running. any thoughts on Acceleration and Velocity
    Regards,
    Roy Stark

This screw still sounds very rough when it is running. any thoughts on Acceleration and Velocity
    What settings are you set to at the minute.? both Acc and velocity please give micro steps drives set to as well.

Hi,

Mach3 settings
    Steps per is 800, velocity 200, acceleration 74

PM542 Controller settings
    microstep 8 which is 1600 usetps/rev
    4.2 Amps

What settings are you set to at the minute.? both Acc and velocity please give micro steps drives set to as well.
    Last edited by croy; 25-03-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Regards,
    Roy Stark

Have you tried upping both as 200 & 74 is very low.!! When you say they are rough sounding in what way do you mean.? could you take a video.

What Nm size motors.? how are they wired, Bi-polar parallel or series.? Are you absolutely sure you have wired the phase's correct.?

Hi, it would be really interesting to know how you have fitted the leadscrew please? I have CNC'd my S7 with ordinary screws but accuracy isn't great and I want to fit ballscrews. The Z axis looks a bit of a challenge and it would be good to know how someone else has done it.

Thanks,

John.

10. John,

The z-axis on a lathe is always a challenge. Have a look at this thread http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/lathe-...onversion.html to see one approach that should work on any lathe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information