. .

Thread: new hobbist

Lives in Bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-02-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    Hi all really hope you can help

my head is going round and round I have no idea where to start if I'm honest
    I currently hand paint MDF badges for local grassroots football teams
    I set up a Facebook page for people to see my work and a guy messaged me
    showing me some of his work and it was amazing I asked him how he done it
    he said CNC router at that point I never knew what one was
    that's where it all began so I'm here to learn everything I can about build cad/cam etc
    the problem I have is I have no idea what parts to get or even what there called
    is there a list of basic parts on here I could read just to get me heading in the right directions?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Pinz welcome to the forum.

You have found the right place.

Now people on here can help you best if you could post some examples of what you like to make with the machine or describe a little more like size and type of materials to be cut.

Grtz Bert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Lives in Bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-02-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    I’d be looking at using MDF and filling in the depth with a coloured epoxy resin
    My badges are no bigger than 600x600 so that would be plenty
    Many thanks

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Pinz Wellcome to the forum.
    You will need to be able to design your projects before you can do any machining, so you need to get to grips with a CAD/CAM program, a lot of the guys use Fusion 360 and this is free for home use, have a look through some of the build logs and see if you have the practical ability to make one, don't wory too much about the electronics as the guys on the forum are VERY helpfull, don't jump into a purchase until you have posted what you intend to buy(there are some expensive less than adequate machines on the market) Enjoy the Forum.
    Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by mekanik; 08-02-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Thread Information