. .

Thread: Better finish

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    James chin up this is all just part of building your own machine and it's just teething troubles.
    It's not uncommon to have little issue's like this and thats why I say to people to give there machines lots of running in time to iron out the bugs before tackling any big or expensive job's.!! . . . . Believe me it could be far worse imagine "striking" out . .Opp's. . mean forking out 5K and have machine that couldn't even do that.

Between us we'll have you sorted and dancing round the garage in no time. .:dance:

Now check everything's tight like you said, whind it up and down by hand feeling for sticky spot's if any major sticks then chances are thats your issue.!. . . BUT . . before doing anything major like striping the Z axis down this is what you could do just to verify it is a sticking Z axis.!. . . . Pack or lift the material higher so the Z axis works in a different place then cut another.

If you want a chat then it's my day off, use the number. . . BUT . . we'll have none of this girly wanting to cry shit round here.!!. . . . Only Yorkie eaters need apply..:lmao:

Thank you for the great idea about trying it higher or lower first I was so focussed on getting a good finish I never even thought of that Jazz
    Not crying just frustrated

I'm cutting a set of clock hands out of corian later just for a change of scenery but I will come back to this problem after tea

James

James have you got to the bottom of this prob yet.?

No yet but I did find a lose wire on my y-axis so I've re-soldered it and will try it again Tuesday

James

Well I did as suggested and lowered my cutting bed by 20mm and recut my carving relief I also slowed down the finish pass to 360m/min and the results where the same.

my current velocity is set at 3000 and acceleration is set to 600

what would your next move be ??

James

Naive view from newbie alert.

Have you tried carving a similar but different relief?

Tried feeding the G-code through Cutview to see if its a mistake in the actual code?

http://www.cutviewer.co.uk

Cheers
    Adam

Did you get to the bottom of this James?

Cheers
    Adam

Hello Adam

No not yet but still working on it and still hopeful I'm currently waiting on the results of the code being read to see if it's with in the G-Code also I think someone is cutting it on their machine to find out if it's also with in the G-Code

but thank you for the interest and keeping this post alive

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I'm currently waiting on the results of the code being read to see if it's with in the G-Code also I think someone is cutting it on their machine to find out if it's also with in the G-Code
    Not if you don't bloody send it won't.!!. . .:whistling:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Not if you don't bloody send it won't.!!. . .:whistling:
    I thought that post was referring to me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information