. .

Thread: Home switching

Lives in Yerevan, Armenia. Last Activity: 14-03-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Hi everybody. I am beginner at CNC and EMC2 and need some help.
    My CNC kit is Probotix and it works with EMC2. But in the kit's documentation there is no home switch configuration, only limit switch is there. Here is the links of the kits documentations:

PBX-2 CNC Parallel Port Breakout Board User Manual
    http://www.probotix.com/diagrams/4-A...ng_diagram.pdf

Please help me how to configure to get home switching. Thanks in advance.

You decide if the switch is a home or limit by selecting what it is in the control software config.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Yerevan, Armenia. Last Activity: 14-03-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    You decide if the switch is a home or limit by selecting what it is in the control software config.

Thanks for advising.

Lives in Swansea, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22-05-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 61. Received thanks 10 times, giving thanks to others 9 times.
    You can also use switches as both home and limit, that is how I have mine set up.

Quote Originally Posted by NB70 View Post
    You can also use switches as both home and limit, that is how I have mine set up.
    Ok. Can you show/tell me how to wire your mode?

Lives in Swansea, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22-05-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 61. Received thanks 10 times, giving thanks to others 9 times.
    Just wire it as shown in the pdf diagram in post#1.
    Then set input pins 11 as "Both Limit and home Z", 12 as "Both Limit and home Y" and 13 as "Both Limit and home X" in the parallel port page of the EMC2-stepconf program.

When the EMC2 (its now called linuxcnc) is in homing mode it will move each axis in turn in its specified homing direction until it trips the limit switch and then slowly back off the switch until it opens again. Be careful to set the direction of home search velocity as negative if your home switches are located at the axis minimum, & make sure your emergency stop is working before you test the homing procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by Vard View Post
    Ok. Can you show/tell me how to wire your mode?

Quote Originally Posted by NB70 View Post
    Just wire it as shown in the pdf diagram in post#1.
    Then set input pins 11 as "Both Limit and home Z", 12 as "Both Limit and home Y" and 13 as "Both Limit and home X" in the parallel port page of the EMC2-stepconf program.

When the EMC2 (its now called linuxcnc) is in homing mode it will move each axis in turn in its specified homing direction until it trips the limit switch and then slowly back off the switch until it opens again. Be careful to set the direction of home search velocity as negative if your home switches are located at the axis minimum, & make sure your emergency stop is working before you test the homing procedure!

Thank you very much. Your explanation really works!

Thread Information