. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    im planning my first cnc build at the moment. its on a budget so ive decided to use graphite impregnated nylon as slide bearings. its difficult to shows what ive got planned using words but would like some feedback on this idea. ive also got a question regarding software (jumping ahead of myself i know) but i was wondering is there calibration for example how will the router know how far down to go without hitting the bed and also things like cutter diameter and cutter changes for different sized cuts (does it ask for a change during a cycle?) these are just some questions that popped into my head.

thanks in advance

graphite impregnated nylon as slide bearings
    if you mount well on a solid (flat) base you might get some joy... the friction will limit your top speed and may leave you needing more powerful steppers & drivers
    (unless its for a small machine id be tempted to explore other options)

is there calibration for example how will the router know how far down to go without hitting the bed and also things like cutter diameter and cutter changes for different sized cuts (does it ask for a change during a cycle?) these are just some questions that popped into my head.
    the simple answer is yes... it is however still possible to plough into your bed but that becomes less likely as you get into the swing of things (ill assume that most of us have a gouge or two on our beds)

machine will pause for the tool changes if its told to, however, when you are running a new g-code file you should be watching to make sure all is well... i tend to slow the feed down at critical points to give me time to stop the buggar if it all starts to go wrong... once the code is proven then you can afford to press go roll a smoke n read the paper

Thread Information