Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I chanced upon an Italian CNC store, http://www.cnc-store.it and seeing the 'English' button and 'delivery throughout Europe' thought I'd take a look around...

Most prices are so-so.
    They sell a couple of kits at a cost. The page for their large flat machine has a couple of assembly drawings, which makes interesting viewing for a numpty like me :)
    They sell a few ready cut and drilled mounting plates, the Z plate for example may interest some, at a cost.

What caught my eye were the prices of the HiWin parts: HGH15 pre-load A, standard precision for €26,74 ! That's about 22.28 in real money AND includes tax - or so it says. HGR15R rail about 4.42 per 100mm, again including tax. These prices are about 30% less than I've found from UK stores.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to find somewhere cheaper. Just thought I'd share.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention, they sell 180mm wide aluminium profile too. Widest I've found from the usual UK peeps is 160mm.
    Last edited by ecat; 15-03-2012 at 08:38 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ecat View Post
    I chanced upon an Italian CNC store, http://www.cnc-store.it and seeing the 'English' button and 'delivery throughout Europe' thought I'd take a look around...

Most prices are so-so.
    They sell a couple of kits at a cost. The page for their large flat machine has a couple of assembly drawings, which makes interesting viewing for a numpty like me :)
    They sell a few ready cut and drilled mounting plates, the Z plate for example may interest some, at a cost.

What caught my eye were the prices of the HiWin parts: HGH15 pre-load A, standard precision for 26,74 ! That's about 22.28 in real money AND includes tax - or so it says. HGR15R rail about 4.42 per 100mm, again including tax. These prices are about 30% less than I've found from UK stores.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to find somewhere cheaper. Just thought I'd share.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention, they sell 180mm wide aluminium profile too. Widest I've found from the usual UK peeps is 160mm.
    Thanks for posting that link, I am currently designing my machine and I am on a tight budget, so saving every penny helps when purchase time arrives.

Anyone else have some links?