. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello everybody,
    at long last I have got around to joining this illustrious band of engineers, comics, philosophers, students, newbies and occasional p**s-takers, Hob-Nob devourers, and put-down artists......all in all my kind of people. I am attempting after God knows how long to put together a fairly basic cnc machine, with a cutting footprint of 600mm square.This has been partly decided because I have a fantastic scrap yard just down the road, and they are always having s/hand balls screws, supported rails, ground ali plate all sold at scrap prices......and recently an absolute gem, quantity 9 Parker precision gearboxes...removed from several servo systems.Oh and Zapp is a stones throw away.
    I have had a design roughed out on a sheet of lining wallpaper for over a year now....:rofl:...and to my surprise it is similar in quite a few ways to Jazz's design, except I left more provision for shimming in various places, and the contruction is using bolted ground steel plates on top of the vertical supports.Anyway .. more later.
    On a serious note, I have never come across a more dedicated and helpfull bunch of blokes.

till later .....Brendan......

QRZ Brendan and welcome
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    QRZ Brendan and welcome
    Ok then bouncing Tit's what's QRZ mean.?????

Oh welcome Brendan and don't take my Cad designs too literal they change all the time and the finished machines do have lots of adjustments built into them.!. . Really they are just visualizations.!! (Watch out there will be a thread coming soon of the actual machine(s) built which will show all.)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I think the new guy's found us out already!

Jazz, it only makes sense to those who play with their HAMs (and no, I'm not into that!)

Jazz i may just be a bit QRT on that answer :whistling:

QSL Brendan?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I think the new guy's found us out already!

Jazz, it only makes sense to those who play with their HAMs (and no, I'm not into that!)
    Well If I got caught playing with HAM got a crack round the ear for messing with my food or if caught with the other kind of Ham(shank) got batterd for being a dirty little bastard.!!:twisted:

Jazz mind you if you spend all your time screwing yours against the wall I'm not surprised??? LOL!

8. Now I know I am out of touch on this as when I saw HAM, I was thinking SW radio groups or communication. I still don't know what the letters mean though will most likely end up finding out.

Michael

Web Goblin between the QRM is 9-5-5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information