. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Answers to plans.

3/4: Don't bother, hit and miss whether you will get run out from just a thread and no register.
    Instead get a standard MT3 ER32 collet chuck and machine a groove in it with carbide tooling and fit a circlip to hold the washer and the M62 nut.

BTW I have a short threaded test piece with the Arboga thread on it, OK if you want to borrow it or if you are dead stuck I can make you a threaded sleeve.

5:You could always buy a 440 v 3 phase VFD feed it 440 v single phase from a yellow brick wired backwards and the earth centre tapping removed and use this as 440 v in but de-rated. You can pick 440v input vfd's quite cheap
    I also have a Arboga U2508, Have you made the modification with the circlip on the ER32, is it possible to have a photo on the modification?

/Doger

Hi guys,
    New to this group.
    Just got the Arboga u2508 mill and I am missing the spindle nut.
    Got an m62x1.5 nut from a supplier in order to fabricate the collar but the m62x1.5 isn’t correct.
    Can anyone confirm the thread pitch ?
    Or better still has anyone got a spindle nut for sale or know where I can source one or have one made.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jon

Hello
    it is correct the m62x1.5 isn’t correct, the name is M62 but the thread is SAE 20, wierd i know
    i bought a nut from suplier here in sweden for about 1 week ago and they told me this, and i have also checked this for about 5 minuts ago..=), i will come back with e-mail and what company you can buy the nut, one moment..=)
    but it is bastards out there so to be sure, buy i thread checker tool and try the SAE 20 on the spindel threads.
    the SAE 20 is very similar to 1.25 metric threads, so i think that will work to, but it is SAE 20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arboga Retention collar as supplied.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	23162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arboga-Spindle-nut-chris.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	23163
    Last edited by doggydoggen; 07-11-2017 at 10:06 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doggydoggen For This Useful Post:

This is the spare part number for the nut, 2T03378
    and here you have the info on company that sells it.

Machinery Scandinavia AB
    Tungatan 10, 570 83 Rosenfors, SWEDEN
    +46(0)495-49708
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web: www.mscab.se

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doggydoggen For This Useful Post:

Yes, I know.
    Their supplier in the UK want €262 for it !
    Will have to go for it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoggen View Post
    Hello
    it is correct the m62x1.5 isn’t correct, the name is M62 but the thread is SAE 20, wierd i know
    i bought a nut from suplier here in sweden for about 1 week ago and they told me this, and i have also checked this for about 5 minuts ago..=), i will come back with e-mail and what company you can buy the nut, one moment..=)
    but it is bastards out there so to be sure, buy i thread checker tool and try the SAE 20 on the spindel threads.
    Many thanks,
    That’s appreciated.

I payed 95 Euro, but if you go to a macine shop with the drawins i added the can easy make a nut for you
    Last edited by doggydoggen; 07-11-2017 at 10:10 PM.

I payed 95 Euro, but if you go to a macine shop with the drawins i added the can easy make a nut for you
    Perfect

Hello
    the SAE 20 is very similar to 1.25 metric threads, so i think that will work to, but it is SAE 20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arboga Retention collar as supplied.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	23162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arboga-Spindle-nut-chris.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	23163
    Thanks buddy.
    I actually turned a spindle nut and cut the threads myself on my lathe. Knurled the upper portion to make it easy to fix/remove.
    Turned the washer/collar too.
    Actually an easy job and it works a treat.
    Many thanks for the drawings and if anyone is stuck I’ll turn and thread a nut for you.
    I’m also Well through with building a 240v to 415v phase converter to run it, an interesting project on its own.
    Last edited by Jonkil; 11-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkil View Post
    Thanks buddy.
    I actually turned a spindle nut and cut the threads myself on my lathe. Knurled the upper portion to make it easy to fix/remove.
    Turned the washer/collar too.
    Actually an easy job and it works a treat.
    Many thanks for the drawings and if anyone is stuck I’ll turn and thread a nut for you.
    I’m also Well through with building a 240v to 415v phase converter to run it, an interesting project on its own.

Hi Jonkil,

(Please excuse me for digging up an old post - i'm hoping this post may turn up in your email)
    I'm just starting out with an Arboga, and could certainly do with that (typically missing) nut.
    Can you get in contact with me? [email protected]

Thanks,
    C

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information