. .

Thread: Some parts.

I got some parts water cut that aren't square on the edges. these will need to be milled down to get rid of the taper left by the water cuttingthey are an odd shape so It may be difficult to clamp in to your machines, if needs be, I'll re-buy the alu but hopefully it wont resort to that.the other part is a panel and a motor mount, It's just 20 holes and 4 slots. the motor mount is quite simple also.

I have the materials and postage is about £8 one way so that's fine for me to pay both ways.

Water Cutting.dxf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aluminium.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	479.1 KB 
ID:	5521

On the motor mount, the dashed lines are holes drilled from the side that will be tapped m6.

The Zig zags are the side that need to be taken down a bit and there are two of them.

If you guys think you can do it, send me a PM!

This needs to be done ASAP as I'm fed up of not having a cnc machine!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jcb121; 20-03-2012 at 08:48 PM.

I feel my first post lacked incentive. I'm completely fine with paying someone to do this for me, but I am a student so keep it reasonable :)

and if no one can do it, can anyone suggest some companies that may be able to do it?

Jess I would help out but I don't have a milling machine for the upright m6 and I would probably fuck it up anyway But I'm sure some one will be along soon and help you out mate if not by Saturday pm me and I will take it on

James

Jess if you fancy a drive up to sunny Swindon towards the end of next week i may be able to squeeze you in?????? If you are there then you would know you are getting what you want and not leaving anything to chance?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Ha, now you guys start posting! :D

Luke/James, I'd rather get it done all at once and if you don't feel confident doing it then I rather not risk it. thanks for the offer though.

2e0poz, I'm in college every day apart from Thursdays and free on the Friday after 12 so with the distance it would probably be around 1:30-2pm.
    I'd have to go up on the back of my dads bike and it depends on how long he can keep himself amused really, as him waiting there for a few hours isn't really fair though I'm sure he wont mind :rofl:

Ok will PM you my number so you can give us a bell tomorrow to sort when is best. It should not take that long to do. Probably take me longer to clean up the mill for the guests. Might even make you do it so that at least you can say it was all your work :tup:

Now just need to convince the misses i'm having a day in the workshop...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Now just need to convince the misses i'm having a day in the workshop...lol!
    LMAO, the classic !
    .Me

I'm supposed to be Paternity leave but i think the excuse of "Well if i go clear some dear, i'm sure i can move all that junk out of the house?".....It may work....LOL! Who the bloody hell am i kidding?

Jcb121: I didn't reply to your PM yesterday about making and modifying these parts as I've been unusually very busy with University work. I'm of course still happy to do them if required.

Thread Information