. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hey Jonathan,

I did think about plating the back, but currently have the ballnut for the Y carriage elongated to attach to the both the back and front plates, I'll have a look at the gantry side plates, i did want to add in some angled brackets, but will look at your design again,

In terms of alignment, i was planning on bolting the 'x' rails to the 120x 80 and then bolting this through the table so there was some adjustment available with shims/ rizzla papers if required-! but agin may re think.

The rotating ball nuts are currently fixed to the carriage side plates with the 'fixed' bearings at each end...they just look similar to your ball nut design...

heres another rendering-

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    ...I'm going to be making a couple of rotating ballnut mounts soon, so let me know if you're interested and I'll work out the price as it'll be more efficient to make several at the same time. I've updated the design to be fully enclosed with aluminium such that no swarf can get in. Something like this, can of course modify it to suit / aid mounting:

Attachment 5595
    Hello,

I'm probably interested ... I am considering using this system instead of the traditional.
    In my project I'm planning to use 2005 Ballscrews with Nema 23, (3.1 or 4 Nm).
    Already know something about the cost?

So... an update on this....

think i'm going to have a rethink on the side plates as per Jonathan's points to bulk them up, and maybe look at raising the sides where the x rails/ ball screws live, i know the other thread regarding the loading of materials etc, but mine will go in a place where it wont be that easy to end load, a corner load would be preferable-!

what was the consensus on having a hybrid, so flush on one side and risen on the other- think that would work well for me?

have costed most of the bits- and reckon on a budget of £2k all in should get me something decent?

Quote Originally Posted by C.AlveSilva View Post
    I'm probably interested ... I am considering using this system instead of the traditional.
    In my project I'm planning to use 2005 Ballscrews with Nema 23, (3.1 or 4 Nm).
    If the machine is big enough to consider rotating ballnuts you do not want to use less than 10mm pitch screws.
    I can make some more, however I'm currently busy making another machine and other parts so it's a matter of how soon you need them?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information