Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
Now it's not quite a perfect fit because the top of the nut is slightly ~0.5mm) taller than the top of the bracket housing. So one could either fit a thin sheet on top of the bracket, or trim the top off the nut if you can figure out how to do it.
You could use shimming steel to do this, a bench grinder can also be used to take the nut down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
Thanks Lee! Four of the six screw holes can be used, so I thought that is enough. I also considered putting a bit of lock-tight around the nut before inserting it.
Humm are you sure?, the top two holes look as though they would pass through the mounting holes for the SMA unit, the middle two dont look like they would have much material for a thread because of the bore in the unit?

As Jonathan said you may need to jig the nut about to get it concentric to the screw, all sounds a little to "make do" for me when a little creativity is all that is needed. Our right honorable gentleman Jonathan could properly fix you up with some custom mounts for a reasonable price.

Somthing to think about also is machine maintenance in the future, maybe unlikly but what if a ball gets jammed or stuck in the nut and you need to take it apart....smash it out with a hammer ?!?!? Obserred, how dare you

.Me