Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi all, would be very gratefull for any help please!!!

    Have a bussellato optima 3-axis machine which runs Winner90 through windows 98 operating system (was told it only runs in this?)..

    I have now installed the Winner90 on a newer PC...

    The PC runs windows 7 but I have a Virtual PC running windows 98 in it...

    I have installed all the necessary files for Winner90 on this new PC, all the programs seemed to be installed and running correctly untill I connected the COM PORT which 'talks' to the CNC via PTP1000, I then had an error saying initializaton unsuccessful TRY AGAIN? YES/NO...

    I am currently stuck as have no documentation on the install and cant find anything on the internet either!

    Please Help!
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 29-07-2017 at 08:30 PM. Reason: removed link

  2. #2
    Have you set up a com port in the virtual PC.
    It will not connect unless you set the port, I assume your PC has an actual port as laptops now no longer have them.

    Peter

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    Have you set up a com port in the virtual PC.
    It will not connect unless you set the port, I assume your PC has an actual port as laptops now no longer have them.

    Peter
    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your reply, I will get my I.T guy to look at this tomorrow...

    Yes it has a port, the PC has been purpose built to replace the older model, just a shame Winner90 will not run in windows7...

    Always thought the updating would be more of a challenge than it seemed and looks like i'm unfortunately correct :(

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fordwise View Post
    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your reply, I will get my I.T guy to look at this tomorrow...

    Yes it has a port, the PC has been purpose built to replace the older model, just a shame Winner90 will not run in windows7...

    Always thought the updating would be more of a challenge than it seemed and looks like i'm unfortunately correct :(


    Hi Guys,

    Did you have any luck installing this -

    I have got it installed but once i go to send a program to the machine i get this error message-


    Number of param. wrong in function n. 92


    Can anyone shed any light on this?

    Many Thanks in Advance

    Eric

  5. #5
    Hello

    I have optima running on winner 90 windows 3.1. I have tryed to explore upgrading computer but have no success. I would appreciate if anyone has found a way would they let me know.

    If there are any other questions that anyone has about both Busellato optima and Jet machines i would try to help 10 years experience.

    Many thanks

    John

  6. #6
    Had success, upgraded to windows xp without too much of a hitch in the end...

    Now have remote access to the machine making life much easier!

  7. #7
    Hello

    Fordwise, i would please you, if you could give me a small tutorial how to upgrade to xp and links where i could download winner90 and ptp1000 software.

    Tnx

    Regards Andi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Hello

    I have optima running on winner 90 windows 3.1. I have tryed to explore upgrading computer but have no success. I would appreciate if anyone has found a way would they let me know.

    If there are any other questions that anyone has about both Busellato optima and Jet machines i would try to help 10 years experience.

    Many thanks

    John
    Hi John

    I am trying to learn to program a 1995 Optima 55 running winner 90 and am a beginner.
    Do you have any information you could give me to get me started? I cannot find any help on the internet so far.
    It would be really appreciated.
    Thanks and regards

    Scott

  9. #9
    Fordwise,please could you give me advise as to where i could download winner90 and ptp1000 software?Cheers

    BR

    Mal2015

  10. #10
    Hi, Just wondered if anyone can supply a copy of the ptp 1000 software, my floppy disk has become corrupt and cant install winner 90 anymore. my version is v4.46 if that makes any difference. i know it was 1996 last time it was installed. Any info would be greatfully appreciated.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-03-2014, 07:29 PM
  2. Bearing fit problem
    By paulus.v in forum Linear & Rotary Motion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM
  3. Problem with X
    By gorbo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 05:33 AM
  4. NEW MEMBER: New with a threading problem
    By GeoffS in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. Z Problem
    By airwolf in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •