. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    so i was thinking:naughty:
    is it possible to build a wall mounted cnc, like a wall saw... is this a new concept.? is it possible..

its a space saver if all of the above, mmm:confused:

so what do we think.

id be interested to know, cant find much on't tinternet.. but who knows..
    would the gantry be a problem?

any ideas

arrrgghh i looked on utube. and google... . loads. so it is possible, spose i was looking faor wall cnc etc not vertical ...

any thoughts on it then.

hey jon are you one of them people that just point when asked for directions.... lol

no Jonathan/Jazz will become your best friend just to mention a few and o'my god can they talk/type a post.

James

JAZZCNC is your man for the Vertical CNC, I like the concept and would do it if I had the right space for it!

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    no Jonathan/Jazz will become your best friend just to mention a few and o'my god can they talk/type a post.

James
    They can, but I must say that everything they do say is very valuable and will help you a long way in your design. They are both very knowledgeable, they have helped me alot in my design so far, hope it continues! :whistling:

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieHobbo View Post

They can, but I must say that everything they do say is very valuable and will help you a long way in your design. They are both very knowledgeable, they have helped me alot in my design so far, hope it continues! :whistling:
    They certainly do. Listen and you will learn.
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by crossleymarko View Post
    hey jon are you one of them people that just point when asked for directions.... lol
    Why waste words when you can get some other muppet to say it all for you. .:naughty:. . . . Erm which muppet would I be.????? . . . Oh Oh I know one of them piss taking old bastards sat in them theater box's . :rofl:

Anyway here's my thoughts on it.!! . . . . Don't hesitate and go for it. It works an absolute treat and very little negatives.

If building from fresh then I'd position the gantry to run horizontal not vertical like mine does at the minute. I have mine this way to stop the screws getting covered in crap because of how it's built.
    I'd build a super strong bedbase with rails running down each side and twin rotating ballscrews under neath the base. It would be very much like this just using ballscrews instead of R&P.

Jazz would you add a 90 degreed collect/chuck to the spindle so less protrudes out of the z-axis ??

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    Jazz would you add a 90 degreed collect/chuck to the spindle so less protrudes out of the z-axis ??

James
    Not sure what your meaning James.??? Got a pic.!

hey jazz that MY photo-!! copyright.... joking obviously-!!

thats an axyz machine- having spoken to the sales guy- he was saying they don't actually sell these in the uk- theres a few in the states but not many-

I asked him about material holding etc and he thought the same as me- although there's a vac table it's not that efficient- and if you were to cut out a circle, for example, as you got to the end there's a danger of it falling back onto the bit- ruining it....

He said obviously you could do mechanical clamping etc but bit more tricky....

i'm pondering a fold down solution, so like the photo but if cutting difficult things/ things that might be hard to clamp, you could lift it down... lots of counterwieghting required and a really stiff table design... hummm

but looking at the photo the z axis is counterwieghted to reduce gravity i guess... nice looking tho...

G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information