. .
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 26-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    That's not really the point is it? There is always something better.Unless going DIY I don't think the 6040 will be easily beaten. It's not that badly made anyway, it uses 16mm solid alu plate and supported Y axis rails. The feed-rates will be quite slow but you have to compromise something when you have a limited budget.
    Have a look at the Denford machines. these are very well made and far superior to any Chineese.
    Regards,
    Roy Stark

4 times the price

...and not even than good.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    4 times the price
    Sure I put more than that.!!. . . . Did somebody mess with my post.??

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Sure I put more than that.!!. . . . Did somebody mess with my post.??
    Hi Jazz i have looked into this for you and i can confirm that Jonathan edited your post, for some reason there is no "edited by" note on your post like there should be.

To clarify there is only Myself, Irving2008 and Jonathan with access to "post editing" as Jonathan has now joined us as a member of the moderating team.

.Me

Lee does this mean that all post must now run with 10mm pitch screws and run at a thousand miles an hour?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Just to add,cost of the machine is one part of the equation, software is the other.

Ran a licence for Mach3 down to 115 GBP on ebay, without a licence your limited to 500 lines of code,which might slow things down or linux EMC for free.

CAM software, its possible to go for a while on trials but eventually you`ll want to setlle on something, personally went for Meshcam, chew another 175 USD, which from my own survey is good value for what it does.There is a lot of other choices but figure around 100 GBP starting point....

CAD sotware, used Sketchup for a while for other uses, but beginning to figure its not great for conversion to CAM models, probably time to learn something more suited and eat probably another 3 figure number there....

Cheers
    Adam

Trials of YooFix it drivers detailed elsewhere ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Jazz i have looked into this for you and i can confirm that Jonathan edited your post, for some reason there is no "edited by" note on your post like there should be.
    I've apologised to Jazz for the mistake - it was an accident. The 'edit post' button is right by the reply button and I hit the wrong one. Wont happen again, so 2e0poz is free to post about 5mm pitch screws!

If anyone edits their post within about 2 minutes of it originally being posted then it doesn't display the "edited by" note.

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    Just to add,cost of the machine is one part of the equation, software is the other.
    There are sufficient pieces of free software for most things. Two extremes are the free edition of CAMbam, which will only do 2.5D and CNCtoolkit which does anything up to 6-axis for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    CAD sotware, used Sketchup for a while for other use
    Can't really help on CAD software as I just use what I got from school, 2D Design V2. It's very user friendly and can draw pretty much anything in 2D, but I don't think you can buy it outside of education.
    Just look for one that you export files as a DXF.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 05-04-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Formatting

Musht for 2D thats free i use QCAD on Linux, there is a windows version here for free http://www.himili.com/blog/downloads...s-gpl-version/. I've never had any issues with this and it works well.

Draftsight is also another good one for free.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information