. .

Thread: Vcarve to Mach3

So, Going from autocad to vcarve is easy, I set my material size and that the origin is the bottom left of the material. but when I export it and load it up in Mach3, my machine coordinates change from zero to a strange number on all the axi. when I jog the machine, the numbers move a lot faster then the machine. as if the Steps per MM figure was out.

not really sure what's going on with it.

I'm not cutting on my machine at the moment, I just wanted to see it move on it's own.

any help?

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    So, Going from autocad to vcarve is easy, I set my material size and that the origin is the bottom left of the material. but when I export it and load it up in Mach3, my machine coordinates change from zero to a strange number on all the axi. when I jog the machine, the numbers move a lot faster then the machine. as if the Steps per MM figure was out.

not really sure what's going on with it.

I'm not cutting on my machine at the moment, I just wanted to see it move on it's own.

any help?
    Think you may be using a imperial post not metric. Can you see a G20 or G21 in the code it will be some where near the begining.

Or better still post the code so we can check it out.

Also post your Mach XML it will be in the Mach folder under the same name as the profile you use when starting Mach. ~If you do this then I can load it into mach with the same settings as you and see whats going on.?

I was using the standard mach3 profile, made a new one and saved all the settings and it's working :)

Who's a clever boy then
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Also, I have a cheap 1.5kw VFD i got from china, you know the ones.

I've heard you can hook them up straight to the breakout board without needing anything else apart from wires.

how is this done?

I was using the standard mach3 profile, made a new one and saved all the settings and it's working :)
    Aint it funny how Mach performs so much better when it's setup correct.:heehee:. . . . pleased your away and working.

Also, I have a cheap 1.5kw VFD i got from china, you know the ones.

I've heard you can hook them up straight to the breakout board without needing anything else apart from wires.

how is this done?
    Depends how you mean.? You can connect it so it will not start while in E-stop thru the VFD's in-hibit input but not control it's speed/dir etc without the use of a dedicated analog +-10v spindle board. (Unless your BOB as one built in.?)

Thread Information