. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Some of you may have followed a few posts on here about me going through various phases of design, and ideas...

I think I have settled on using linear rails and carriages, so I am looking to sell the stuff I bought previously, as well as some of the bits I bought by mistake.

I will be putting this up on ebay if anyone isn't comfortable buying direct from me.

For sale:

500mm Ballscrews + single nut, 16mm diameter (I have two, but will sell separately), has machining on one side, but not on the floating end.) Originally bought from MD.

600mm, 12mm diameter round rail, with linear bearings, and shaft supports x 2

Possible z axis ballscrew measuring 340mm, 16 mm diameter at the thread, and with 6.35 at the tip for connection to motor.

Lastly
    500mm long 12mm diameter shafts x 2
    300mm long 13mm shafts x 2
    500mm long 13mm shafts x 2

Anyone interested, Offers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12112008069.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12112008070.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12112008071.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	124  

If you still have these what are your prices?

The ballscrews sold on ebay... You interested in the shafts / bearings / mounts?

How much for the linear bearings, supports and shafts (500 and 600 12mm) Are there 4 linear bearings or 2?

For £25 you can have the 4 bearings, 4 shaft supports, and two lengths of 600mm by 12mm. Another £5 for the two lengths of 500mm. Reasonable?

Also, you should know that I have tapped the supports for m6 bolts. They are unused and as new in every other way.

Dave.

Seems reasonble. Is there any flex in the 12mm shafts? Have been looking at zapp 16mm supported shafts for a small router.

Also how easy are the shafts to cut?

There is flex in all types of unsupported rail... be it 12, 16 or 20. How much in these I don't really know.

It all comes down to how big you want your router and what types of material you want to work with.

You won't cut the shafts with a hack saw or anything like that. I tried once for about 5 mins and left a barely visible mark which I coulden't even feel when I ran finger over it. Sometimes the rails have kind of scorch marks on the end, so I am assuming some sort of heated cutting is involved.

For all that they cost its best to order them the length you need.

long shot but do you have any of these still for sale buddy?

9. Cut with a chop saw, with a grinding disk.
    It you have an angle grinder you could cut them with that..

Quote Originally Posted by lateAtNight View Post
    There is flex in all types of unsupported rail... be it 12, 16 or 20. How much in these I don't really know.

It all comes down to how big you want your router and what types of material you want to work with.

You won't cut the shafts with a hack saw or anything like that. I tried once for about 5 mins and left a barely visible mark which I coulden't even feel when I ran finger over it. Sometimes the rails have kind of scorch marks on the end, so I am assuming some sort of heated cutting is involved.

For all that they cost its best to order them the length you need.

The 500mm ballscrews went some time ago, but everything else I still have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information