. .
    Lives in Taunton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22-05-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 11.
    Hi

I'm Doc, a complete CNC newbie.

I am an engineering technician for a large worldwide company.

I have a Wabeco CCF1410LF which I want to learn to use but I have no idea where to start. I find the program it comes with is hard to understand, there is little or no documentation regarding the actual use of the machine. I can understand G code and all of that but I can't get the machine set up correctly.

So I would like to know if it is possible to run this machine using different software and what that would require ie: new controller boards etc. I seem to be missing something and the documentation supplied with the machine is a bit lacking.

Has anyone any experience with NcCad coz I really need help.

I really hope there is someone on here that can help.

Doc

Lives in Taunton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22-05-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 11.
    After spending two days trying to get this machine set up right I'm finally getting somewhere, X and Y seems to be right now lets try the Z axis.

Finally managed to run a program today properly, NcCad is not such a bad program after all but the manual for it is crap.
    So if anyone needs help just ask.

Hi Doc welcome to the site!

Congrats on getting the machine up and running!

No experience with NcCad here I’m afraid, I would suggest for you to look at some of the other Mill conversions to get a better idea of what is involved. I have never done a mill conversion myself so am definitely not the best person to advise you, however there are other members who have done conversions and one of those is Robin Hewitt who converted his Warco Major, you can view his conversion build log here.

Any questions, please post them in the relevant forums and im sure you will get the help you need. Good luck and i will keep my eye out for your very own conversion log

.Me

Lives in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-01-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    Hi Doc,

Finally another member with a Wabeco. I have a 1210E and the software on this machine is PCdreh (PClathe) the windows version. When I originally purchased the machine I was given a demonstration on how easy it was to create a drawing then a couple of mouse clicks and you start maching. Great demo but in reality it has taken me a couple of years to understand the operation of the software. It is now pretty easy and straightforward to use and I can create a drawing fairly quickly then machine the parts. There are some bugs in the software and still some of the instructions/menu boxes come up in German. What software do you currently have?

Ade

Program supplied is Kosy NcCad 7.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120405-00005.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	371.8 KB 
ID:	5804 Getting some good results in 2D but still learning.

Lives in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 03-01-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 6.
    I haven't looked at the Kosy Nccad, the wabeco machines have been supplied with various software over the years and so far I have not come across anyone with the PcDreh software that is installed on my machine. I attempted to contact the PcDreh company direct but they never respond, I have spoken with Pro-machine tools a couple of times and they are quite helpful.

Well the software "Sucks"

I set the machine up to do some drilling hit the go to work piece zero and it buggered off to the opposite end of the bed, re zeroed again did the same.
    Rebooted the PC turned off the CNC started again, same result, got angry went for a coffee.
    Went back to the machine tried again still not playing.
    Went home.

Next day started again and finally managed to get the job done in an hour.

Location unknown. RAD45 Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Hi People,
    In a backhanded way it is good to see I am not the only idiot in the village. Have a new Wabeco CC-D6000hs with NCCAD7.5 and after two weeks I still do not have the software recognising the machine as a KOSY lathe. Have written to Wabeco and now waiting for a reply. But the tealeaves are telling me that soon I will be building another controller so I can run with Mach 3.
    Russell
    Ferlach
    Austria

Thread Information