Hi, im chris and new to all this so just after a bit of guidance and help, i have decided that i am going to build my own CNC router as i would only be able to afford a cheap small chinese one and this way i can make it how i want and how i need it and also make it bigger for the same price if not cheaper, or so i am led to believe ? i need it to cut, wood, plastics and aluminium and have a working area of around at least 600mmx400mm and need a depth of around 200mm. Is this acheivable ? i am an engineer so have got a basic understanding and shouldnt have a problem constructing it, i just need a bit of guidance as i have limited knowledge of CNC machines. I have a few questions for example with this setup would i be able to make 3D models ? i presume it cuts a layer at a time and just goes over each and over again to get the required model ? On average what would be a realistic budget to set myself ? and what are some good websites for cheap parts ? i look forward to all your replys, thanks