. .

Thread: Hi to all

Hi everyone, it's good to find a UK based machining forum. (I have been on Practical Machinist and CNC Zone for a short while now)

I am in my mid 30's and have been a machinist (both manual and CNC) for the best part of 20 years now having served an apprenticeship on leaving school.

It will be good to be able to band some ideas about with like minded folk as for the last 10 years or so, I have either been the most experienced guy in the workshop or the only guy in the workshop so the usual older guys who hand down their experiences have been missing for a while.

There is very little I don't think I can make but, by no means do I know everything and am always keen to learn better or quicker ways of doing things.

I have experience of programming several machine controls including Heidenhain, Haas, Fanuc, Siemens as well as being able to do it all on manuals. So if I am able to pass on my knowledge to anyone to help with a problem I will gladly do so.

In my current job I am trying to re-establish a companies machineshop which was mothballed during the recession. We have a variety of Haas machines but the staff levels and experience are very low so I may be posting a lot asking for help .

I also have a small lathe and mill for my garage as I really enjoy what I do. They are in storage at the moment as we have had a new garage built (more workshop for me) but hopefully I will get them back in, in the next few weeks and I can start on my own projects again, and maybe do the odd homer.

I look forward to being a part of the forum

Hi There and welcome to the forum! feel free to jump in and assist or ask, got any pics of the "new" workshop :-) Only cause I'm working in a broom cupboard and jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Hi There and welcome to the forum! feel free to jump in and assist or ask, got any pics of the "new" workshop :-) Only cause I'm working in a broom cupboard and jealous!
    Hi Mocha,

Will do. Should get the completion certificate from the council this week and I am moving my workbench back in this weekend. (I'm sure my wife will love me doing it the day after she gives birth to our 3rd child.) Then hopefully I will get my lathe and mill/drill back in by mid June. A few shelves up and a bit of sorting out, I should be cutting metal again by the end of June.

Thread Information