. .
    Syil X5plus CNC Milling Machine with 4th Axis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syil-X5plu...item3ca893c498

i just havent got the time to make or modify something ..

any thoughts or experience or indeed better ideas ....

For that money have a serious look at a Tormach machine, at least you will get support.
    John S -

do they sell in the uk ?

There are no UK agents but quite a few have been imported in.
    Wouldn't hurt to drop them an email.
    Syil are not renown for having the best support or even the best product. Read the other day where a brand new one in OZ starts the spindle up flat out when first starting. The owner is having to get support off a general public forum as Syil don't want to know.
    John S -

I would give amadeal.co.uk a ring first and see what they say, I’m still waiting about 2 years later for them to ring me back "in two weeks time" when "there is a crate due in with new stock on it"...

I only wanted a CJ18 lathe..."do you defo want it?"..."Yea ill pay now if you want!?!".."no it’s ok I will give you a ring in two weeks to make arrangements", "ok then cool." If you are going to buy the Syil from them, I would suggest you speak to them first and ask for a proper arrival time and when you could expect to receive it.

The listing says “Our latest consignment is the new 2011 model with new electronics and Delta vfd motor control and is due in very shortly”. :rolleyes-new:

I wonder if I can have one of the units in the “New stocks available including the CJ18 7x14 Mini-lathe back in stock!!!” flashing away on the home page...

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-04-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling

so do we not make anything or indeed sell anything in the uk worth having

Nope,
    Denford and Boxford still make CNC's but will only deal with education as dealing with the great unwashed is fraught with hassle.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellboy View Post
    The only way to get one worth having from the UK is to convert it yourself, pay someone to convert it for you or a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellboy View Post
    Interesting point Dellboy, but I think what we're seeing, and have been for the past few years, is a kind of revolution in the manufacturing industry whereby a lot of labour intensive mass production, has been outsourced to other countries whereas we now have smaller companies up and down the country involved with high precision engineering, prototyping, and the manufacture of high margin products where skills workmanship is required. My thoughts anyway.

Now, I don't usually contribute to forums but as the thread relates to one of our products thought I'd add few words to attempt to lay to rest a misconception about the Syil brand.

In lots of forums you get trolls who like to spread misinformation and I ignore these but in the case of this thread it's a bit different. John S who replied to you is definitely no troll and his regular contributions are always worth a read - wherever they appear! I do think though that he may not be up to speed on the support that Syil.UK has to offer.

First off, you are only a short distance away from where we are based - other end of the A127! Why not come and see the machines for yourself? I think you would be impressed.

Secondly, Syil.UK can arrange a full commissioning service for each machine within the UK or overseas. We can also offer full training on Mach3 as well as other software and training in operation of any of the Syil range. We have one or two customers around the country who welcome visits to demonstrate their machines so you can see them in action as well as discussing the pros and cons, and, occasionally, where there have been problems together with my colleague Robert Joseph we've been able to resolve. That can be diagnosing computer problems, replacing a circuit board, a broken coupler - that sort of thing. The majority of customers though have no issues and you tend not to hear from them on forums. In fact, Robert's father is one of my earlier customers with a Syil X4+ and is busy making parts for racing cars (see www.greenpower.co.uk).

We're also hoping to be racing one under the Syil banner and might catch the end of the racing season.

Hugh
    Syil.UK
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 22-04-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: misspelling, post formatting

Thread Information