. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hi Jon,
    I think in the main you have been brilliant with your design changes and the discussion are hopefully positive. There are many little areas of improvement that can be and have applied at design stage and it is nice to see that you are willing to gain other opinion even if not so relevant to your need. Most who are in your position are just looking for recognition and take any suggestion as a criticism. Well done and hope this turns out to be a successful machine. When you get onto the electronics and controls, if you haven’t already, we can all hopefully help to get the best most economical in the market.
    Regards
    Paul

I have been involved in engineering for all my working life but am the first to admit that I don't know everything. This to me is an interesting ans probably most important part of the build and if I can get it right first time then great. As the old saying goes, 2 heads are better than one and you guys have already taught me so many essential requirements to designing a successful machine. Thanks guys, now onto the easy part.....the build ;)

Hi Jon,

Looking good now. Like the compact Z axis, reminds me somewhat of an idea I was playing with last year . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	concept_z_axis.JPG 
Views:	571 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	6013
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi guys, rather than start a new thread I may as well just use this one for my build. I've made a significant amount of progress and didn't really want to keep posting every time I tighten a bolt or tap a thread. So here she is so far. I've decided to make the bed and x axis out of 60mm square box steel instead of Ali. Mainly to keep costs down and strength. I also fancy having a bash at welding as I've never tried it before :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information