. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbabbz View Post
    Hi guys, been really busy lately so updates will be few and far between. Im collecting my parts together at the moment but just wanted to show you a revised y and z axis on my machine and see what you think. Ive moved the rails above and below and gone for supported on z. Ive tried to make z as light and thin as possible so I can get more movement on y. As for the previous design LotusPack, it is driven from both sides you just cant see it because of the angle of the drawing that's all. I considered going for profile rails but I don't want to spend that amount on a first build. Maybe the next one ;)
    Hi CNC design firend, this looks really good, have a few points to consider on your design:
    1) The Y Axis is very close to the X axis (A), going on the diagram there seems to be little space under the X axis for your work piece, (Work Area my sketch) if the Y axis bearing is level with the work table.
    2) The Z axis feed drive plate is working outside the bearing range (C), 4 bearings below the Z leadscrew
    3) Can't quite see how the Y axix bearings will work (D) assume there are two bars 1 top and 1 bottom
    4) It would be better to increase the X axis bearing distance (B) at each end, the wider the stronger, although you will lose some travel distance.
    Attachment 5993

The tool stress area is best kept inside the bearing array, if possible.

hope it goes well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Sketch.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	6005  

Thread Information