X is pin 2 step pin 14 direction
    Y is pin 16 step pin 3 direction
    Z is pin 7 step pin 8 direction
    Pin 1 is enabled.
    John S -

Sorry john.. x pin..?. Were do I check voltage on each axis of the board

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi Mark,

Ok Mark thats what I was after here's the XML altered so now you should get some sense.

I think you maybe haven't realised the importance of Mach setup.? If Mach is not setup to send signals down the correct output pins that your BOB use's then nothing will make sense or work.! Same applies to the inputs pins, like E-stop, limits, homes etc Basicly Mach is sending the signals to the wrong places so your not reading them there or it's not sending them at all because it thinks it's in E-stop mode.
    The motor output pins where set wrong and the enables turned off. That's why you wouldn't get correct signals or voltage thou it's still possible you have a 3.3v PP. I very much doubt this cheap BOB will pull the pins upto 5V, it doesn't mention it anywhere but agian it's possible and we'll easliy know when you test the pins again.
    I,ve also set the Estop to work of the correct pin, If you havent got an E-stop then just jump a wire from pin15 to it's ground pin, this will affectively lock E-stop on BUT ONLY do this for bench testing purpose's.

The only realy important bit in the BOB PDF is the short portion that gives you all the pin numbers for each Axis and I/O connection and also the Pic which shows the pin num for each connector. The rest is just padding really so it's not a 5 line manual.!!

The PDF shows specific connectors for X,Y,Z,A limits and E-stop you dont have to use these for that purpose, They are just inputs and can be assigned to any task you choose BUT Mach must be set to look at the pin number of the connector you choose.
    IE: If you want to use connector next to 5V which now shows as E-stop has X axis limit then all you do is go into mach's inputs signals and tell it for X axis limit to look at pin 15.

Exactly the same applies with outputs, both motor and relays etc if you want X Axis motor to use the connector now showing Z axis just change the pins in Machs motor outputs to match which ever connector you choose.
    Like wise if you want the relay to turn on or off the spindle or coolant even the lights in the workshop then just assign the correct connector pins to the relavant output in Mach output signals setup and when the relavant G-code appears IE M3, M4 the output will be triggered and the signal will be sent down that line and relay turned on or off.
    Mach doesnt know or care whats attached to the Relay or any input or output all it does is turn them on or off or respond to signals and carry out some other action like when it see's an E-stop signal it will Stop the G-code and if setup as such turn any outputs, whether that be relays or motors or fruit machines on or off.

So as you can see if Mach set to send or recieve signals in one place and you measure in another nothing will make sense or work.

Now Mach's set to match the Bob you should see the voltages at the relavant pins.
    Start with X axis first measure between pin 14 XD and XN when you push the X axis jog keys the voltage should show around 0V for one direction and upto 5V for the other if it shows around 0V and 3.3v then your buggerd because thats the PP voltage and it's too close to the threshold of the pin change state. It could work but you may get Odd things happen and missed steps etc.

Hope this helps.

PS I've changed the profile name to crossmill so it didn't clash with my standard Machmill profile.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 13-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Just a quick post.Thank you so much jazz.. ill have a look when I get home.... again thanks...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

home now done the estop jazz thanks,
    voltage test on x pin 14 (4.3v), y pin 3 and z pin 8.(3.3v)

when i booted up the machine with the v meter on it was showing 5.1v untill windows logo.. so is it a 3.3v pp. next ill test bob...

Quote Originally Posted by crossleymarko View Post
    home now done the estop jazz thanks,
    voltage test on x pin 14 (4.3v), y pin 3 and z pin 8.(3.3v)

when i booted up the machine with the v meter on it was showing 5.1v untill windows logo.. so is it a 3.3v pp. next ill test bob...
    Were have you been measuring from because I don't understand the "Next I'll test bob" .?

the back of the pc... then the lead, just done the bob.. all good. i looked at the pdf, didnt know all the settings were there, im not sure but is there a mistake on it the y axis... i changed them round to suite the pdf... compare interface def with part 2 and part 3..

any way getting 5.1v on bob all axis xd yd zd pins... im made up fella,,, cheers again,

is there a way of testing drivers... with no motors.. be getting them next week...

oh, yeah estop kept popping on when i had bob connected... external estop requested, how do i stop it...
    Last edited by crossleymarko; 13-04-2012 at 06:26 PM.

is there a way of testing drivers... with no motors.. be getting them next week...

oh, yeah estop kept popping on when i had bob connected... external estop requested, how do i stop it...
    E-stop easy go into inputs and toggle active low if it's cross change to tick or vise versa.

I wouldn't mess with drives it's very easy to let out the magic smoke just connect motors and chances are they will work and absolutley don't disconnect motors from drives with power on when you get them it WILL BLOW THE DRIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    E-stop easy go into inputs and toggle active low if it's cross change to tick or vise versa.

I wouldn't mess with drives it's very easy to let out the magic smoke just connect motors and chances are they will work and absolutley don't disconnect motors from drives with power on when you get them it WILL BLOW THE DRIVES.
    i hear ya.. read that on different sites...

thinking of 3.1nm motors.. would they do the trick ,

thinking of 3.1nm motors.. would they do the trick ,
    For the vast majority of machines 3.1Nm motors are a good choice. If the machine is small enough to use smaller motors its hardly worth it as the cost saving is so small. Unless it's a big machine (towards 8x4 size) 3.1Nm nema24's are good. What size is the machine?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information