. .
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    hi im trying to check my dir voltage on eg:-pin 2 for mach3, im just getting a constant 3.26 volts.
    ive check settings in pin n ports.. is it my port..

Are other pins the same? Is it a laptop?
    Ideally you want 5V.

yes its a laptop... does that matter.. i get the 3.26v even before mach3 starts up. also, when i remove the port in device manager it goes to 5v...

Laptops are well known for not running having substandard parallel ports and thus not running mach3 very well, if at all. Have you got a spare computer with a parallel port you could compare it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Laptops are well known for not running having substandard parallel ports and thus not running mach3 very well, if at all. Have you got a spare computer with a parallel port you could compare it to?
    yes a compaq, never used lol. mrs brought it from work. that will be the machine i will probably be using when the work shop is built, ill give it a try...

It sounds as if you may have the port configured as inputs which gives a floating high impedance. Alternatively you may require a pull down reistor between the output and signal ground.

Russell
    Last edited by russell; 10-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.

mach3 dosnt seem to be communicating with the port... as i said before im getting a constant voltage reading, of 3.267.
    when i uninstalll lpt drivers in device manager i get a constant 5v,,,

when i press the curser keys to try and see voltage should i get a change in the on sceeen coordinates (are the called dro)
    as i get nothing in mach 3.

ok read i should have port as ecp in bios...
    and something weired...
    i start my laptop (with meter still connected) i get a steady 4.77 volts. then i start up mach3 and still the same. as soon as i shut mach3 down i get 25mv.. i went bach into mach and nothing 25mv.

Quote Originally Posted by crossleymarko View Post
    when i press the curser keys to try and see voltage should i get a change in the on sceeen coordinates (are the called dro)
    as i get nothing in mach 3.
    Yes, when pressing the arrow keys, or pg up/down they should change. If not then it's probably in emergency stop mode. Have you (for now) disabled the emergency stop, or is it flashing? Go to config->ports and pins and look for e-stop, then change it from active high to active low (or vice versa, i.e. invert it). That should get it running...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information