. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    SOLD..

So mr swinds.

anyone who can't claim the vat back on your argument would be looking at spending £165 inc shipping

So plus my collets and mount at lets say another £60 - £80.. giving your route a price tag of £225...

i would say take better care of your equipment mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    So plus my collets and mount at lets say another £60 - £80.. giving your route a price tag of £225...

i would say take better care of your equipment mate.
    I would say it's irrelevant since (at the time of writing) you can get a proper water cooled 2.2kW spindle intended for use on a CNC router with a full set of collets and VFD for about £250.
    That will get you more power, lower runout therefore higher accuracy, bigger range of cutter diameter (0-13mm), longevity, much higher rigidity and lower noise.
    To me any of one of those advantages (except noise) is enough to make up for spending £25 more.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by swinds View Post

all the water cooled seem to be from china - and the ones that say they in the uk, want £100 postage - so that means they in china,..lol

Lot of inflated postage is actually fee avoidance , as a seller pay ebay 10% of final value but not on postage costs.

Had a few Chinese items, including 3040 mill, shipped from some fulfillment warehouse in Portsmouth, guessing they may be held in bond and pay the duty when they sell, important to note I didn`t get charged any extra duty and items arrived within few days.

Cheers
    Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information