. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Art99 View Post
    I have purchased a 200KV outrunner motor with an 8mm shaft. It has a power rating of 2450 watts. IS THIS REAL?? At 50% efficiency this would be over 1 HORSEPOWER for a motor that I could hold in my hand.
    You can expect much better than 50% efficiency from this type of motor - more like 80-90%
    At best it's the peak power rating, but how they define peak power is anyone's guess. Take it with a pinch of salt - I just go by the mass of the motor and dimensions of the stator. Bear in mind in their intended application these motors have a big propeller on the front blowing plenty of air through them which is clearly going to allow higher power than in our application which has barely any cooling by comparison. Ultimately the power rating is just a thermal limit, so if you can cool it well then you can get more power without the insulation breaking down prematurely. Either way it's plenty for what you need so I wouldn't worry too much...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Hi

Would anyone be able to make/sell me one of these spindles? If so how much would it cost?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by asbo View Post
    Would anyone be able to make/sell me one of these spindles? If so how much would it cost?
    I should think so...what specification do you require, or what materials and size tools do you need to use with it?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    For fairly light usage cutting plastic, aluminium and maybe MDF. Also possibly wood. Probably 6mm flute bits max.
    Would a spindle like the ones in this thread be suitable for that?

Thanks for the quick response.

OK so I've purchased everything to make the mechanics work, but I'm still a little confused as to how to control this wit the pmw controller output on the breakout board. I'm running linuxcnc, and the motor I've ordered is a 2000w 700kv motor rated at 60 amps. I have not ordered an esc because I was unsure of the type. Any help is greatly appreciated

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information