. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodfish View Post
    Hi Laurent, I'm rebuilding a 260VMC, the electronics were replaced by Mach 3, but has been as its my first rebuild any other photos you have of it 'naked' would be of great help. Information on these things is as rare as rabbit horns and any that would help keep me from making mistakes would be most welcomed.
    PS I have just rebuilt all three ballscrews, Scott Sayers from GMS Ball Ltd ([email protected], 01903 264601) was really helpfiul and extremely knowledgable.
    Hi Scott,
    Sorry for the delay... A bit busy these days. :-)
    I sold this machine a while ago... But I may have some pictures or maybe I can answer some of your questions ?
    What do you need? What's not working ?

RNR

Really sorry for the tardy response, the end of last year and the start of this have been taken up with moving. For my retirement present I purchased a really nice 260VMC from a college in Essex. Following the retrofit of new electronics last year my winter project was to strip everything mechanical out and replace/rebuild all wearing parts.

I was getting on fine until my workshop was broken into. The Boxford (and others) were vandalised and all my neatly labelled takeaway boxes containing parts were just opened and thrown on the floor by some moron who nicked only my £20 digicam and a £30 laptop.

Unfortunately, these contained all of my stripping videos and photos. My memory is'nt as good as it was, so I'm just in need of photos or videos of the mechanical components to see which way things reassemble, as I seem to spend a lot of time doing things twice.

The words Boxford and information are rarely heard in the same sentence so anything would be appreciated, hours trawling various sites have given me little to help.
    Regards
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Woodfish View Post
    Really sorry for the tardy response, the end of last year and the start of this have been taken up with moving. For my retirement present I purchased a really nice 260VMC from a college in Essex. Following the retrofit of new electronics last year my winter project was to strip everything mechanical out and replace/rebuild all wearing parts.

I was getting on fine until my workshop was broken into. The Boxford (and others) were vandalised and all my neatly labelled takeaway boxes containing parts were just opened and thrown on the floor by some moron who nicked only my £20 digicam and a £30 laptop.

Unfortunately, these contained all of my stripping videos and photos. My memory is'nt as good as it was, so I'm just in need of photos or videos of the mechanical components to see which way things reassemble, as I seem to spend a lot of time doing things twice.

The words Boxford and information are rarely heard in the same sentence so anything would be appreciated, hours trawling various sites have given me little to help.
    Regards
    Woody
    Hi mate,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles... We do have morons in this world unfortunately.... :-(
    Have you got an email address where I could send Photographs I have? (PM me, don't post your email address here it will be deleted)

RNR
    Last edited by rnr107; 15-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Hi Laurent,

I'm also rebuilding a VMC260, and I was wondering if you can remember if there is a way to remove the "rotating" spindle head from the Z axis slide? There appears to be a pivot in the centre of the spindle casting that allows it to rotate once you take out the 4 large bolts, but I don't seem to be able to separate the two from the central pivot? Do I need to remove the whole assembly including the slide to get to it, or is there some other way to remove it?

Any suggestions would be very gratefully appreciated!

Ben.

Hi Ben,
    By "rotating" spindle head, do you mean the easy change head?
    Could you post a few pictures?
    Thank you,
    Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Many thanks for your reply. Sorry - I didn't describe it very well.. I hope that this picture helps... What I'm trying to do is separate the spindle housing casting from the Z axis slide (I need to replace the spindle bearings). I undo the 4 bolts around in the corners of the spindle housing casting, but there is still a pivot in the middle which allows the casting to rotate into a horizontal position. I can't see a way to remove the casting from that central pivot (if possible without having to remove the Z axis slide)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	29853

Hi Ben,
    I think the only way to do that is to get the entire assembly off the machine.
    There are screws behind the head.
    Bring the head all the way up.
    Look at my pictures on the first page of this thread you 'll see the cuts /groove in the column that show you the way to remove it is up. 😊

Laurent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information