. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Right now mainly cutting acrylic and the "chips" are a fuzzy snow coming off the bit at 1.75m/min and leaving a rather nice finish. Have gotten the probe working and that is just cool. Many thanks to Jazz for showing me the 2010 screen grouping for Mach3. Once you have Mach set up it really makes it easy to do a huge amount without having to search all over for it. Will be cutting Ali' this coming week as have to cuts a part for Bruce and also a part for a fellow musical instrument repair tech' in town that needs a jig to help with centering for his pillar drill.

Scary part is I have not really pushed the machine yet. After rewiring the Kress with CY 1.5 mm^2 wire and while doing that sorting a good bit of the wire so that it has nice clean paths for movement and such. Going to cut the back of the System for case and will be offering that complete and finished both here and on ebay shortly. But it is goo to have it running fully. Now that the bugs are out of the system I am getting tolerances that are wonderful (tighter then .01mm). Though have to track down a noise on the Z axis and need to get a grease gun and load the ball nuts with grease. I wonder if anyone has figured a way to convert the Chinese SBR carriage blocks from not being able to lubricate them to being able to lubricate as that would be a serious bonus to the system.

Again to all the folks that have helped in the build thanks and will be getting video of cutting time up as soon as I have some (last bits of cutting was while I was working on other projects next to the machine). Take care and will post pictures of what I am cutting with it.

Michael

Yeah!! Sorry did that sound a bit selfish...IT WAS!! Well done Michael, you guys would not believe his patience.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

3. Well folks metal chips Have now been made after getting all the jigs cut (Thanks Bruce for drilling them). Cut out a jig for a fellow Musical Instrument repairer and deliver it tomorrow. I will tell you this I don't like cutting metal dry, as I have not figured out DOC for dry cutting yet and that means snapped endmills and that hurts the pocketbook. But using some oil and a 6mm end mill got the job done.

http://youtu.be/MWalkgPlHwU

Learned some lessons on this and need to change the limits switches when I can afford to. The ones I have a re very good jsut a bear to mount on the machine and the mounts don't stay fully secure.

Michael.

Edited again to update link to proper video.
    Last edited by m.marino; 10-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.

The vid link isnt working Michael.

Well done Michael. Try squirting some wd40 on the cutter while working.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Well folks metal chips Have now been made after getting all the jigs cut (Thanks Bruce for drilling them). Cut out a jig for a fellow Musical Instrument repairer and deliver it tomorrow. I will tell you this I don't like cutting metal dry, as I have not figured out DOC for dry cutting yet and that means snapped endmills and that hurts the pocketbook. But using some oil and a 6mm end mill got the job done.

http://youtu.be/8QL45ufM_gI

Learned some lessons on this and need to change the limits switches when I can afford to. The ones I have a re very good jsut a bear to mount on the machine and the mounts don't stay fully secure.

Michael.
    This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.
    Sorry about that.

is the message I get....

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Well done Michael. Try squirting some wd40 on the cutter while working.

Bruce
    I find WD40 is too thin, I found a bit of motor oil works better.

Rape seed oil works good and doesn't kill you with fumes, it also makes a great fume free mister coolant when slightly thinned with water.

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.
    Sorry about that.

is the message I get....
    Got the same thing...

10. The video is now showing some of the cutting I did on Bruce's Z axis plate. It does work this time. I don't know what happened last time nor why the video would not load but that has been fixed some how.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information