. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Hello everybody,
    I'm Gianluca, just moved to Portsmouth from Italy.
    I worked for more than 20 years as sunglasses designer, 3D modeling and CNC programming. Decided to move in England cause I am getting married to a nice girl from here.
    After 2 months or job seeking, I thought I could buy a CNC machine and try to support myself (and having a lot of fun) making something I like to do, like wooden clocks and other wooden objects.
    I saw some nice machines on the net and I was wondering if someone here have ever used a BZT machine. Looks good in the pictures, considering i want to use it just for wood.
    Anyone ever tried it? or some suggestion about good machines available here in England for about the same price of BZT? (3000 pounds for 900 x 670 mm machine)
    Thanks everyone :)

Hi Gianluca Welcome to the forums!

Make yourself comfortable, there's bound to be someone along who can assist with you question.

Are you looking to buy rather than build?

3. Thanks for your answer :)
    Yes i will buy the machine, cause building one would be too long and too difficult now (all my tools are back in italy)
    I need to start as soon as possible to produce a couple of clocks wich i want to sell, so I would be happy to find something very quickly, but looks like no one have machines in store, they all build them on order and delivery time ranges between 4 and 8 weeks.... even tried to look if i could find an used machine, but had no luck. Only ready made product available for immediate shipping are chinese machine that I'm not takin in consideration as, just lookin at the pictures, they don't look like something you can really use for work .

4. And by the way I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction as where I can find cherry, oak or other hard wood boards here in Portsmouth....

Hi Gianluca

Best people to talk to would be either a local tree surgeon, yellow pages for that, or a wood turner. The chap below is in liphook which is near you so he may be able to advice you of a local source of seasoned timber.

Have fun
    Bruce

GPR WOODTURNING

16 PORTSMOUTH ROAD
    GU30 7DJ LIPHOOK, HAMPSHIRE

Phone: 07721734583
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to motoxy For This Useful Post:

I was going to suggest HMS Victory! not quite as silly as it sounds. I had a chat with a very helpful chippie who was working on the Cutty Sark. Very useful source of offcuts came from that. :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mocha For This Useful Post:

9. Thank you for useful advice :)
    still waiting for email with prices from another company, but I think tomorrow I will order the BZT machine...

Thread Information