. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pm me the files and i'll take a look. i might be able to do something depending on how complex

Thanks John, file is in the electronic post to you.

3. If you are talking 3D engraving without over hangs (I don't currently have a 4th axis) I should be able to help you. If you are talking of needing a 4th axis, that is a different kettle of fish. Gladly do a test run for you in acrylic to see what we are looking at finish wise.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    If you are talking 3D engraving without over hangs (I don't currently have a 4th axis) I should be able to help you. If you are talking of needing a 4th axis, that is a different kettle of fish. Gladly do a test run for you in acrylic to see what we are looking at finish wise.

Michael
    Well you'll be a better man than I gunga din if you can. . .Lol

Got to ask , whats so difficult about the file?

If milling isn`t an option can it return to its STL roots and look at a 3d printing process?

And how do you avoid creating a file so complex that Jazz won`t attempt it ? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    And how do you avoid creating a file so complex that Jazz won`t attempt it ? :-)
    How can I possibly resist ... if you send it to me I'll have a go.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    Got to ask , whats so difficult about the file?

If milling isn`t an option can it return to its STL roots and look at a 3d printing process?

It's do able but far too much detail will be lost IMO that the result won't be acceptable and it's a lot of work and time to find out.??

Hi guys,

Micheal, Jonathan, I've sent you a request for an email address so I can send you a file.
    Musht, The little characters of mine are quite detailed so it's going to take a while to machine the inserts. Unfortunately 3d printing isn't an option :-(

Hey MrJazz, did you get the mini mould test sample file I sent you, the one with just the 3 figures on? What would you want from me to machine that beauty? Please don't worry about the 'faceting' on the background surface, it's meant to be like that. I know this project is a challenge, but how dull would life be if we didn't try something new every now and again?! Also, bear in mind that I'm not asking anyone to give their time fro free and If you only knew what it was for you'd bite my hand off at the chance to become a partner!

Lives in Eastbourne, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23-02-2015 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Statstastic View Post
    Hi guys,

Micheal, Jonathan, I've sent you a request for an email address so I can send you a file.
    Musht, The little characters of mine are quite detailed so it's going to take a while to machine the inserts. Unfortunately 3d printing isn't an option :-(
    You probably already know, but you can get things printed in metal. Even gold plated! I have been meaning to try out one of the services when I find the right object...

I have making candle holders in plastic, I am told that is a "fire risk"- would be better in metal or ceramic.

Hi Bob,
    I'm inclined to agree that a plastic candle holder may be a fire risk!

DMLS sure is amazing. Ultimately though, it's a composite, so I wouldn't be sure of it's structural integrity for moulding purposes - particularly under pressure. Also, it's still very expensive, so it would be a costly way to find out that it definitely can't be used. Machined metal moulds on the other hand, are a tried and tested technique.

Good idea though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information