I thought it might be best to start a thread on my project here and try and keep my ramblings in one spot (easier for people to avoid) :-)

Anyway as some of you know I'm trying to get a machine to cut out brooch shapes in a 1-2mm thick sheet of copper to help my wifes jewellery making efforts.

I was hoping to get away with a cost of around £1500 so I seem to be limited in what I can get.
Decent off the shelf machines seem to go for a fair bit more than that so short of finding a half built project that someone is bored with (you know who you are) I am going to need to build something myself.

There seems to be a trap with self build as it is almost as if you need a workshop with a Mill to make your Mill !! If anyone near Great Yarmouth is out there please speak up :-)
So I'm thinking I need to buy something in almost a kit form that needs only a small amount of home workshopping.

I have had a number of emails and phone conversations with Gary at Zapp who has been very helpful and also one forum member is being driven to distraction behind the scenes - Big thanks due.

In a day or so I will put up a list of the kit I'm proposing to get so you guys can rip it to pieces :-)

Chris