. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seems my last post here was obliterated... I wonder why...

LETS try again...

Do you want to learn how to make models of the kind i've repeatedly shown here, in 10 MIN.. with FREE and LEGAL software,
    NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.. ?

If so visit the group in my sig... take a couple of the free example models.. or don't it's up to you....try them out.. inspect them.. whatever..
    then if you want to know more.... you know where to go

Why anyone would delete this and deprive you of a free opportunity to improve your CNC skills and knowledge is beyond me. I thought that's what it was all about.. but then again.. maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by John S
    Just finished doing this wheel as a test exercise on a CNC converted X3 mill.

[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/files/locowheel1.jpg[/img]

Cut in steel with 6mm and 3mm cutters, total time was 35 minutes. It's about 3" diameter.

[img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/files/locowheel2.jpg[/img]

John S.

VERY nice work.....

would you be interested in machining some custom adaptors ?... I need to marry 2 small rotary tables together into a 2 axis head..
    can show some images of an existing version if this might help.. there's a need to incorporate mounting for a nema23 frame stepper motor
    for each drive.. it would be an interesting job... and might be right up your street judging by your parts and apparant area of interest...

please let me know.. If not interested I would naturally understand... but just thought might be worth your while in terms of funds it would generate...
    and nothing ventured nothing gained.. so had to ask..

Hey Yohudi,

I moved your post to the "Design Software" / "General Discussion" forums so it would get noticed and i thout it would be a good post on its own to have there hope you dont mind.

Link: General Discussion

The title of that forum isnt quite right for the post content, however i'm slow changing the forums and cleaning everything up and so on so it will fit once i'v updated some more :).

Would you be intrested in a Staff postion on the forums? Nothing major for yu to do but your one of our most active members and i was thinking it would be nice to offer you somthing like this?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Yohudi
    would you be interested in machining some custom adaptors ?... I need to marry 2 small rotary tables together into a 2 axis head..
    can show some images of an existing version if this might help.. there's a need to incorporate mounting for a nema23 frame stepper motor
    for each drive.. it would be an interesting job... and might be right up your street judging by your parts and apparant area of interest...

please let me know.. If not interested I would naturally understand... but just thought might be worth your while in terms of funds it would generate...
    and nothing ventured nothing gained.. so had to ask..
    It's a job I already do.
    See the 4" table on this site, near the bottom.

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/en-gb/dept_176.html

Also this one for the vertex type.

Drop me an email or I will be at the Midlands show at Leamington this coming weekend.

John S
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 29-01-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    John S -

Hi there,

Thanks for your encouraging response.

Nice tables and accessories at your site...however.. what I have in mind
    is more like the images below..

based on this kind of design anyway.. I already have the rotary drives.
    I know a chap locally who could probably make something like I require.. and
    has worked for me before.. but I thought I would ask as I said.. nothing ventured nothing gained...

In terms of yourself.. some kind of idea of your charges for custom machining
    might be helpful.. I won't need a design developing as I should be able to handle
    that end of it myself..

obviously a ballpark estimate is what I mean by the above.. It would
    be all the work to go from 2 drive units to the final 2axis head..
    including mountings for 2x nema 23 hi torque stepper motors..

regards

Yohudi

Dose that not take your fancy then Yohudi ?
    .Me

I make a fair bit of motor sport stuff...

but as an engineering company we make whatever we can !

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 29-01-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Well when my machine is finished I will be making guitars and speaker cabinets plus anything else that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCUK
    Dose that not take your fancy then Yohudi ?
    Hi there,

I'm not sure what you are referring to ?? but it's of no importance anyway.. was just checking in here for a link to John S website..

Yohudi

Quote Originally Posted by Yohudi
    but it's of no importance anyway.. was just checking in here for a link to John S website..
    Yohudi
    Thats a bit rude isnt it? Lee was suggesting a postion of staff for you on these forums ?

While the aim of this site is to creat a "resource" and a place of help to people and alot more, there is still no need for comments like that, if it wasnt for lee and this site there would be no "Link Resource" for johns site for you to use.

Correct me if i'm wrong or have my "wires crossed" but the way it reads to me at least, is that you are saying what lee has to say is of no "importance", the other thing to bring me to believe this is what you are suggesting is that lee quite clearly asked you in his post if you would like to take a staff postion with us.

We was going to offer you a postion on the site to advertise your "yahoo group, cnc 4 free" but i think that shouldnt happen now if your going to insult the heart of this site and then reep the rewards it could bring you and your projects.

I'll apologize now if i'm way off base and please do correct me if i am.
    .Me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information