. .
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    No no no no....yes 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    "No no community vote" should be read as "no no of course it would be a community vote".

Sorry, after reading that bit back I wasn't sure it would be interpreted how I intended
    I read it a few times and thought you must have meant community vote as per post #300. Wondering if post #297 onward could be split off to give Joe his thread back?
    Looking forward to seeing what commercial interest there might be after you put the feelers out.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    No no no no....yes
    yes yes confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Wondering if post #297 onward could be split off to give Joe his thread back? Looking forward to seeing what commercial interest there might be after you put the feelers out.
    Will do, was hoping some of you lot would want to get more involved and man the organizing/setting up?, someone to "take the reins" as they say would be nice.

I cant do everything, all at the same time. Wish I was an octopus i've got that much going on, if no one wants to lead the way on this then it will just be something I do at my own leisure.

I'm still not well at all so the last thing I need right now is more things to stress about, I'd much rather wait and fully enjoy the endeavour.

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 25-10-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    .Me

4. Small update:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It's alive, well nearly Always nice to see it move
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Yes, great moment when something moves under power! Now, if you can sync two cordless drills for testing master plus slave axes...

Edit - just flicked back and see you are using the long-belt sync method. Saves requirement for synchronised cordless drills
    Last edited by Neale; 03-12-2016 at 09:24 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

10. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Yes, great moment when something moves under power! Now, if you can sync two cordless drills for testing master plus slave axes...

Edit - just flicked back and see you are using the long-belt sync method. Saves requirement for synchronised cordless drills
    Haha yes!

I always fancied using my router like an etch-a-sketch with drills 😁 Well done Joe, its getting better and better...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Thanks for the Help!

I have added a fuse to the water pump (not sure what ampage for that yet as haven't chosen a pump yet.)

I have added another contactor and a switch on the 24v circuit to control the pump and VFD

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you just have the E-stop safety relay switch the contactor on. Presumably I still want the drive fault signals connected to the pilz?

Also, I am struggling with grounding the various components. Do I need to connect the motors or drives back to the star ground and if so, how?!

Also should the earth terminal on the VFD just go back to the earth terminal on the plug or the star ground and should the CSMIO just go back to the star ground or should this also be connected back the earth on the power plug?

I know similar questions have been asked and answered elsewhere but I'm struggling to piece it all together...

Thanks guys.
    Sorry Joe just looking back at your build and didn't see these questions. So here goes.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you just have the E-stop safety relay switch the contactor on. Presumably I still want the drive fault signals connected to the pilz?
    Yes still want fault signals in E-stop. What I meant was use another contact on the Relay and run 24V thru it which then turns on Mains Contactor.

Also, I am struggling with grounding the various components. Do I need to connect the motors or drives back to the star ground and if so, how?!
    Only the Shield of the Motor cable and only the control box end needs grounding to Star point. To save wasting wire and stripping insulation back so shield wire reachs star point and drives just run single wire from Star point to point near drives and solder to the Shields or use connector block.

Also should the earth terminal on the VFD just go back to the earth terminal on the plug or the star ground and should the CSMIO just go back to the star ground or should this also be connected back the earth on the power plug?
    The Earth wire on the Plug and the Star point should be the same thing, that's the whole idea. You have one Point that the main Earth comes into which is then distributed to all that need Earth. You also take all shields back to this point.

So in this case if the VFD is in the main Control box case (which personally I don't like) and turns on with control box you would take to Star earth point.
    The shield for Spindle cable is best or easier if connected to the Earth Terminal in VFD.

If the VFD is external then just use the cables earth wire back to Plug. Same connection as above applies with shield.

IP-M Earth goes to the Star point.

14. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Sorry Joe just looking back at your build and didn't see these questions. So here goes.
    Thanks Dean. I will digest this and revisit the circuit diagram. No doubt there will be more questions! I would also like to pick your brains on the power supply if possible...

belt tensioner pulleys are in.

Last edited by JoeHarris; 11-12-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread Information