. .
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
  1. One of my colleagues sent me this today - figured some of you guys might appreciate it too..!

Hey Joe,
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but how do you print your schematics that you use to centerpunch your drill holes (your youtube video of Z axis plate for example)
    When I try it comes out the wrong size. Tried printing from solid works, exporting to pdf then print and exporting to dxf then print.. nothing seems to work perfect :)

3. Ah, guess it depends on your printer? I use the big HP plotter at work which is accurate to a fraction of a mm...

I found the laser printer to be pretty inaccurate maybe because of the heat? What are you printing with?
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 10-02-2017 at 09:56 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

I have only tried the laserprinter at work.. might be the problem :) will try a printshop maybe! Thanks!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I have only tried the laserprinter at work.. might be the problem :) will try a printshop maybe! Thanks!
    I take it you are printing the scale as 1:1 and not fit to page!!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Yeah :D tried fit to page first.. scratched my head when the print was 22cm instead of 16!
    Now I get something like 16.8 :(

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Yeah :D tried fit to page first.. scratched my head when the print was 22cm instead of 16!
    Now I get something like 16.8 :(
    Well there is something wrong as even with a bad printer it should only be about .5mm out.

Can you measure the print exactly and work out the scale and then adjust it.

can you post the dxf up here and I will try and print it for you or adjust it in Acad

Ok edit: I have printed out in SW direct from the part on screen but you have to go into "file/print" and then page setup my printer shows "scale to fit" and "scale "100%" choose 100% It works for me.
    Last edited by Clive S; 11-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Well there is something wrong as even with a bad printer it should only be about .5mm out.

Can you measure the print exactly and work out the scale and then adjust it.

can you post the dxf up here and I will try and print it for you or adjust it in Acad

Ok edit: I have printed out in SW direct from the part on screen but you have to go into "file/print" and then page setup my printer shows "scale to fit" and "scale "100%" choose 100% It works for me.
    Will try with new settings, maybe I have a scale error in the printer setup! If I can't get it to work I will pm you with the dxf Clive :)
    Thanks in advance!

10. Hello everyone - bit of progress on the z axis... need to revisit the circuit diagram, the mechanical stuff is getting close now

Last edited by JoeHarris; 20-02-2017 at 09:42 AM.

11. Following on from the pictures in the previous post above, another short video of the dry run assembly of the z axis below: https://youtu.be/_0nJBaUaBBA

I still need to make the bracket which fits between the top bearing mount and the z motor mount, the bottom bearing plate and the front z axis plate where the spindle will be mounted.

I'm going to open up the holes on the plates which pull the z bearings forward to allow better alignment. Align them with one another using the dial indicator... the problem is then I cannot get to the bolts which fix the vertical plate to the bearing plate to get that adjusted - wish I had foreseen these problems when designing the thing! Nothing some shims can't fix?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information