Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
  1. Got some random bits and pieces ordered - Pulleys, estop buttons, cy cable, copper tape, momentary switches, Ethernet panel connector, heat shrink, insulation tape... I'm going to bite the bullet and get the drives and controller ordered soon...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #352
    Won't be long then Joe!

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  3. #353
    Just curious.. what's the copper tape for? :)

  4. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Got some random bits and pieces ordered - Pulleys, estop buttons, cy cable, copper tape, momentary switches, Ethernet panel connector, heat shrink, insulation tape... I'm going to bite the bullet and get the drives and controller ordered soon...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe Have you decided what drives and controller you will be using? Looking forward to the box build
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Just curious.. what's the copper tape for? :)
    Just to terminate the shielding on the cy cable where I have to cut it back... maybe an overkill but only costs a couple of quid!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Joe Have you decided what drives and controller you will be using? Looking forward to the box build
    Thanks Clive, me too! The CS labs IP-M for the controller and either EM806 or AM882 for the drives. Probably AM882s as they seem pretty much the same but a lot cheaper?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Won't be long then Joe!

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Haha yeah! That's what I keep thinking!

  8. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Thanks Clive, me too! The CS labs IP-M for the controller and either EM806 or AM882 for the drives. Probably AM882s as they seem pretty much the same but a lot cheaper?
    That's a good tried and tested combination...it's what I have, lovely kit.

    Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:


  10. These little beauties just arrived :)


  11. Hello!

    Time for an update.

    So I've done a bit more work on the z axis and you can see progress on this here: https://youtu.be/mWTSq0ZqsLE

    But my main focus has been on getting the electrical side started.
    Many thanks to Dean and Clive who have both been super helpful and now I think I have a workable circuit diagram which I feel happy to share on here. A word of caution to anyone just getting started, please do not follow this verbatim, there are no-doubt some mistakes / things I will change as I go and as with drawing out the mechanical stuff before you start, you need to do this yourself to get your head around what you are doing. That said, I'm more than happy to receive comments from experienced members, particularly if you spot any dumb mistakes.

    I now have, or have on order, all the electrical bits and bobs, cable, ferules etc. apart from the big ticket stuff -the drives and controller which I am leaving as late as possible. I also need to figure out what current rating I will need for the 24V supply.

    Really excited to start this part of the build finally!

    Cheers everyone.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe Harris -  CNC Circuit Diagram.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	406.8 KB 
ID:	21418

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3-Axis CNC Router - For Helices.
    By Dalmango in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
  2. BUILD LOG: 3 Axis Router
    By GTJim in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  3. BUILD LOG: Wobbly: my first 3-axis router
    By Sodster68 in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 09:28 AM
  4. 3 axis cnc/router bed
    By dudz in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28-12-2012, 08:38 PM
  5. Need 6' x 4' bed, 4 axis router design.. Help..!
    By fasteddy in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •