Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
  1. #361
    Joe... That diagram is a beauty!
    Don't know if everything is right but it shure is pretty :D

  2. #362
    Looking good Joe
    I removed my 12v supply and simplified everything to run off the 24V supply. Just need to pair up 12V devices in groups of 2 in series . E.g. 2 fans or fan and motor
    Less things to go wrong and less space required in the box

    Also I'd add a switch to the water cooled spindle pump - looks like it will run all the time which will be annoying plus may heat the water a little
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

  3. Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Looking good Joe
    I removed my 12v supply and simplified everything to run off the 24V supply. Just need to pair up 12V devices in groups of 2 in series . E.g. 2 fans or fan and motor
    Less things to go wrong and less space required in the box

    Also I'd add a switch to the water cooled spindle pump - looks like it will run all the time which will be annoying plus may heat the water a little
    I have a 12v supply on order but it was only cheap. Clive has also suggested running all from 24v. I already have two 12v fans but could get one more and run in series with the 12v pump I guess. I was going to use a mcb instead of a fuse for the pump so I can switch it off with that?

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Also I'd add a switch to the water cooled spindle pump - looks like it will run all the time which will be annoying plus may heat the water a little
    No he's running it thru the VFD relay so will only run when the Spindle is ON.

    Joe: Is this different scheme to the ones you've been sending me because don't remember seeing 12V in there.? Thou must admit was only looking at the parts you asked me about.

    Anyway dump the 12V and wire the Fans in series and buy 24V pump.

  5. #365
    I already have two 12v fans but could get one more and run in series with the 12v pump I guess. I was going to use a mcb instead of a fuse for the pump so I can switch it off with that?
    I would not run a 12V fan and 12V pump in series as they would be different VA's therefor they would not give a 50:50
    V divider
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:


  7. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I would not run a 12V fan and 12V pump in series as they would be different VA's therefor they would not give a 50:50
    V divider
    Thanks Clive - good call!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No he's running it thru the VFD relay so will only run when the Spindle is ON.

    Joe: Is this different scheme to the ones you've been sending me because don't remember seeing 12V in there.? Thou must admit was only looking at the parts you asked me about.

    Anyway dump the 12V and wire the Fans in series and buy 24V pump.
    It's a new addition because I have a 12v pump but not a big deal - a 24v pump will be cheap enough in the scheme of things! You are right about the VFD switching the pump on so guess being able to switch manually on the mcb will not be all that useful.

    How about this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172219861161
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 18-04-2017 at 10:34 PM.

  9. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    It's a new addition because I have a 12v pump but not a big deal - a 24v pump will be cheap enough in the scheme of things! You are right about the VFD switching the pump on so guess being able to switch manually on the mcb will not be all that useful.

    How about this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172219861161
    Ah, ok thought was unusual for me to miss something obvious like that.!

    Yep, that pump will be fine.

    Regards the MCB then don't really need MCB but the suitable fuse is required to be safe but only in case of short it's not something you'll use has a switch.
    The VFD Relay will handle this for you and because you'll only ever run the pump when the spindle is spinning you'll have no need to manual overide.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ah, ok thought was unusual for me to miss something obvious like that.!

    Yep, that pump will be fine.

    Regards the MCB then don't really need MCB but the suitable fuse is required to be safe but only in case of short it's not something you'll use has a switch.
    The VFD Relay will handle this for you and because you'll only ever run the pump when the spindle is spinning you'll have no need to manual overide.
    Thanks Dean - do you tend to screen your alarm signals between drives and IP-M?

  11. The 12V supply has gone!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe-Harris----CNC-Circuit-D.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	388.6 KB 
ID:	21423

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3-Axis CNC Router - For Helices.
    By Dalmango in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 07:27 PM
  2. BUILD LOG: 3 Axis Router
    By GTJim in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 01:08 PM
  3. BUILD LOG: Wobbly: my first 3-axis router
    By Sodster68 in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-01-2013, 10:28 AM
  4. 3 axis cnc/router bed
    By dudz in forum Marketplace Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28-12-2012, 09:38 PM
  5. Need 6' x 4' bed, 4 axis router design.. Help..!
    By fasteddy in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •