. .
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Glad it helped - I was pretty scared of this part of the build!! Clive and Dean were super helpful as usual. I think I used 2.5mm tri-rated, I'll try and remember to check for you when I get home.
    In fact you can see in the pictures it says 13AWG which is 2.5mm. It hasn't seen any hard use yet so remains to be seen if it will work well, but it switches on without killing me or catching fire, so that's a start!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Glad it helped - I was pretty scared of this part of the build!! Clive and Dean were super helpful as usual. I think I used 2.5mm tri-rated, I'll try and remember to check for you when I get home.
    It was Clive that put me on to you and convinced me I could build the supply. It looks really simple but at the same time I can totally understand the fear lol I was petrified but now I think it'll be relatviely easy just trying to work out if I can cram this into an ATX power supply casing if I move the fan externally and add a 2nd fan either so it blows in one side and sucks out the other.

I want to try and fit the stepper drivers and self build PSU in a PC mini tower case with a whole pc as well.

I have a mini 80plus PC power supply I can fit somewhere in the case (It's about 1/3 size of ATX) and I think I can put the AM882 where the drive bays are. I could ditch the Hard disk and run from a fast USB flash drive or SD card it will be quick enough for linuxcnc. Or I could mount the hard disk somewhere else. I think as long as the PSU's extract their heat to the air and I add a bathroom extractor fan as well for the pc and stepper driver waste heat I'll be ok. Maybe add an active intake as well sucking air a distance away from the extraction point.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 06-09-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Joe A picture paints a thousand words I tend to point people to your P/S vids (if that is ok) as they are an excellent way to show how easy they are to build. There is one point and you have it correct is that you must not but an earth (ground) to the bolt on the top of the transformer that runs through it. It is ok at the bottom end ie the plate.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    In fact you can see in the pictures it says 13AWG which is 2.5mm. It hasn't seen any hard use yet so remains to be seen if it will work well, but it switches on without killing me or catching fire, so that's a start!
    If you do die can you get some one to send me a PM saying get 4mm wire lol ;) I missed that but actually managed to read the part number off the connector blocks and find them on ebay lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 06-09-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

7. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Joe A picture paints a thousand words I tend to point people to your P/S vids (if that is ok) as they are an excellent way to show how easy they are to build. There is one point and you have it correct is that you must not but an earth (ground) to the bolt on the top of the transformer that runs through it. It is ok at the bottom end ie the plate.
    No worries Clive - just glad they are of some use to people!
    Btw I have made a playlist of the two videos here to keep them together: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zD30sZjtp_VyqY
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 06-09-2017 at 07:35 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    If you do die can you get some one to send me a PM saying get 4mm wire lol ;) I missed that but actually managed to read the part number off the connector blocks and find them on ebay lol.
    Those connector blocks are pretty huge and a total overkill! I recon 2.5mm should be ok as it is rated for 30amps

9. Another little part made...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Beautiful!!

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Just stunning work, made me realise I forgot to buy a vice yet ;)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Just stunning work, made me realise I forgot to buy a vice yet ;)
    Or a big hammer
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread Information