. .
Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If you have this now working with 2.8 master would you mind posting the hal & ini files.
    Will do, not at work today but will go in to play in a bit I'll post them up then.

I almost went loony toons setting it up lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    99% sure it will be that Joe. (Provided nothings lose or falling off machine which knowng you sure it won't be..lol)
    Happens 50% of the time with these controller/drive combo and it's something I check for has matter routine. Can happen on any controller really but with the IP-M or S happens randomly depending on how drives setup. Esp if not used tuning software to check Rising edge setting in drive.

Edit: For anyone else reading this that doesn't have Cslabs controller but as similair problem then the same can apply.
    The test and fix is the same. Or if the the drives have option to change the leading edge setting use this. Both work same.
    I had exactly the same problem and I have leadshine drivers this fixed it.

Thanks saved lots of head scratching.

Joe did it fix yours?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

3. Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Joe did it fix yours?
    I'm not sure! Need to do some more testing. After devoting a massive amount of time to building my machine, I got it working and then just felt burnt out with it all and pretty much stopped all together. I have decided I am going to get back to it, finish the job and start actually using my machine!!

4. I know the feeling. Best wishes. Yes, I still live and breath though it has been a good bit close a few times these last years. You deserve to enjoy the fruit of a huge amount of labor. So get to it and have fun making chips. Enjoy and good luck. Hopefully you will break fewer bits in the learning curve of feeds and Speeds.
    Software SolidWorks 2024, Onshape, Aspire v9.5, Blender
    CNC Machine: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/3661-...Second-machine
    3D printers both FDM/FFD and MSLA resin
    CSWA &CSWA-AM certified
    www.marino-customs.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m.marino For This Useful Post:

6. Deleted post
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 14-04-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    I'm not sure! Need to do some more testing. After devoting a massive amount of time to building my machine, I got it working and then just felt burnt out with it all and pretty much stopped all together. I have decided I am going to get back to it, finish the job and start actually using my machine!!
    Nice to see you back again Joe
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

9. So starting up again, I got the spindle control from Mach set up last night. All seems to work OK, apart from the RPM readout on Mach reads 0 regardless of the spindle speed. Is that normal? The one setting I was not sure about was mach's "spindle pulley" settings. The IP-M manual was not much help on that front. Does anyone know what this should be set to for a 2.2KW chinese water-cooled spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That's most likely to be alignment issue not sticky seals. To be honest I've fitted 100's ballscrews and never had sticky seal on the ballnut(presume you mean ballnut seal)

Now what can happen is often the spacers on the BK bearings are not long enough and the seal in BK bearing can rub on the screw.
    This tends to happen mostly on cheap BK bearings. Also on cheap BK bearings, like what Chai Sells, the bearings are not always shimmed correctly or even in wrong way round so when tightening the nut they will bind.

Joe If BK's came from Fred at BST then you can tighten them fully and they won't bind. Fred BK bearings are light years better than Chai's.
    Sadly I think I am going to have to strip down the machine and sort out the bearings as they are binding quite regularly and causing pretty major accuracy issues. You get what you pay for I guess, and I should have shimmed them before I assembled the machine - lesson learned!

10. Thanks Clive, good to see you are still on the forum. Looks like Dean hasn't posed in a while...

11. Thanks Micheal, a lot of work and no fruit so far, so this summer I hope to change that!!

12. Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    So starting up again, I got the spindle control from Mach set up last night. All seems to work OK, apart from the RPM readout on Mach reads 0 regardless of the spindle speed. Is that normal? The one setting I was not sure about was mach's "spindle pulley" settings. The IP-M manual was not much help on that front. Does anyone know what this should be set to for a 2.2KW chinese water-cooled spindle?

Sadly I think I am going to have to strip down the machine and sort out the bearings as they are binding quite regularly and causing pretty major accuracy issues. You get what you pay for I guess, and I should have shimmed them before I assembled the machine - lesson learned!
    Strip down has commenced... feels good to be in it again!

and I have some mild steel tube on order to remake the undersized BK bearing spacers/shims.

14mm o/d with 1mm wall for the 16mm ballscrew bearings

and 18mm o/d with 1.5mm wall for the 20mm screws.

I guess mild steel is what the originals are made from?

The plan is to cut them from the tube slightly oversized and then neaten them up in my ancient lathe so they are nice and uniform in length all the way around. Does that sound reasonable to anyone who has done this before?!

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information