. .
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    If you got 50V in post 373 at the rectifier then so long as capacitors are correct way around then should work . . . Only one way to find out
    yep crack on!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Only comment (if you have a chance to make any small mods at this stage) is to add a few more sets of terminal contacts for the output, all wired in parallel. This allows you to run separate power feeds to each stepper driver, rather wiring them daisy-chain fashion, and it's easier than trying to stick three big wires in the same terminal. Not sure if it really make a difference in our class of machine but it is generally considered good practice not to share high-power connections between devices, and it's a lot easier if you have multiple terminals available. Might be able to put multiple spade terminals on each of your contacts, though?
    Thanks Neale, The terminals are overkill in terms of size and will take two cables each but as I've shown on the circuit diagram the plan is to take one feed from the terminals on the power supply to some din terminal blocks with a jumper bar to provide as many as I need...

Sounds fine. My PSU was originally bought from Zapp, although I have now changed the transformer in it, but it came with three pairs of output terminals already. Then I fitted it in a control box with four stepper drivers...

Must confess that I didn't actually put a wiring diagram together for mine, just some sketches to work out roughly what was needed. Then I set to work with a pile of cable reels, big box of ferrules and crimping tool, and quite a lot of black coffee. Don't try this one at home Still, it does seem to work OK.
    Last edited by Neale; 27-04-2017 at 09:57 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Sounds fine. My PSU was originally bought from Zapp, although I have now changed the transformer in it, but it came with three pairs of output terminals already. Then I fitted it in a control box with four stepper drivers...

Must confess that I didn't actually put a wiring diagram together for mine, just some sketches to work out roughly what was needed. Then I set to work with a pile of cable reels, big box of ferrules and crimping tool, and quite a lot of black coffee. Don't try this one at home Still, it does seem to work OK.
    Ha yes I would definitely fail with that approach so well done!

Well I've plugged it in and...
    It works! Hooray, my first functioning bit of electronics for this machine!

It's great when a plan comes together! Well done. All downhill from here...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    It's great when a plan comes together! Well done. All downhill from here...
    Thanks Neale wish I believed that! Still, well chuffed with that thanks everyone for the help.

Moving along nicely, very professional work!

Looking good!
    It is hard to see from the pictures, but please check soldering of the capacitors.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

9. Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Moving along nicely, very professional work!
    Thanks!

10. Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    Looking good!
    It is hard to see from the pictures, but please check soldering of the capacitors.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Hi Toomast, the terminals on the caps have been pushed through the wire stands and then soldered, I have also put some hot glue over the bare wire to help prevent shorts.

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information