. .
Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
  1. The human toolpath is pretty smooth despite appearances - characterful!!

2. Vibration white finger here I come!

Coming along nicely...love shiney machined aluminium pictures 😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Looks great, how long did it take to mill / rout out?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    Looks great, how long did it take to mill / rout out?
    Not as long as I thought - half an hour or so. I took 1/2mm per pass which was more aggressive than the last time but was fine. So 32 passes with a 10mm carbide end mill.

Yeah, 0.5mm is about what I've taken when I've tried routing aluminium, quite honestly though it scares me but my fence set up wasn't as good as yours. It's not too bad if you've got a decent spray of WD40 on it but I couldn't get past the feeling that it was going to catch and rip the router out of my hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    Yeah, 0.5mm is about what I've taken when I've tried routing aluminium, quite honestly though it scares me but my fence set up wasn't as good as yours. It's not too bad if you've got a decent spray of WD40 on it but I couldn't get past the feeling that it was going to catch and rip the router out of my hands.
    I know what you mean, I wouldn't want to do it with a smaller router. A cheap 1/4 inch would be terrifying!

8. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JH_Circuit Diagram_Draft 2.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	19440
    I have not had a chance to update this much but you should now be able to read it at least.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Not very easy to read labels but I suspect your using the HV option on controller to turn on contactor.?
    Don't use it my self because it's pain in arse.? It will drop the power to drives every time you put mach into reset. This means because the motors jump when powering drives you'll have to home the machine everytime mach goes into reset. Many times that will be ok but there are others when you don't want that. Like when making simple setting change etc.
    I'd just have the E-stop safety relay switch contactor on.

Couple of small things I see.

#1 Fuse the Water pump.
    #2 Run water pump 0V thru VFD relay so only comes on when spindle running.

Regards VFD power then wouldn't get too OCD about it.! The controller will Stop it spinning when see's E-stop so could leave it out of the E-stop system if you like.
    But if you do want to Kill it then use Timer relay which is set to drop power after spindle stops spinning. Personaly I wouldn't bother because the few times you will Kill power while spindle is spinning won't hurt the VFD. Plus the VFD takes several sec's to power down anyway because of Caps. By which time spindle will have stopped.! . . . . . Anyway If Cutter is embedded in your hand you won't really care because you'll passout before VFD powers down.
    Thanks for the Help!

I have added a fuse to the water pump (not sure what ampage for that yet as haven't chosen a pump yet.)

I have added another contactor and a switch on the 24v circuit to control the pump and VFD

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you just have the E-stop safety relay switch the contactor on. Presumably I still want the drive fault signals connected to the pilz?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circuit Diagram 04 _ 0.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	19469

Also, I am struggling with grounding the various components. Do I need to connect the motors or drives back to the star ground and if so, how?!

Also should the earth terminal on the VFD just go back to the earth terminal on the plug or the star ground and should the CSMIO just go back to the star ground or should this also be connected back the earth on the power plug?

I know similar questions have been asked and answered elsewhere but I'm struggling to piece it all together...

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 18-10-2016 at 01:30 PM.

10. A bit more work with the drill, bandsaw, router and belt sander followed by a lot of work with a needle file I've almost finished my first motor mount!

Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information