. .
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Awesome and as routercnc said it sounds to work smooth,(I write that to show that I know something from cnc machines), lol,you are almost there man,carry on!!!

2. Getting close now... two axis moving, spindle on and spinning.

3. Hello all,

Bit of an explanation of my limit switch wiring and video of all axis now moving below:

https://www.youtube.com/user/joerharris

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Must be proud of your self :) still watching your video's so well done mate.

6. I have been busily getting my head around fusion 360 in the background (very nice programme, can't believe they let the likes of me use it for nothing!) and sent my first programme to the machine this evening and of course things did not go quite to plan.

The intention was to cut a small pocket 55x55mm with a 1/2" router bit (12.7mm)

This was all set up correctly in fusion (I think) and it cut fine, albeit far too slow (I'll up the feed rate next time around), but the problem came when I measured the part - see pictures below... any ideas!?

After all this time building, it is dawning on me that I have no idea how to use this new tool of mine :(

Edit: Sorry - pictures make this look worse than it is as I forgot to zero the calipers! I'll take some new pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	23668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6661.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	23669  
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 23-01-2018 at 11:32 PM.

7. New pics after previous post - prob need to run the calibration wizard in the settings window of MACH3 again... but being out by 0.8mm in one direction and 1.4mm in the other does not seem a great starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 23-01-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Joe don't get despondent, this is normal when first getting the machine calibrated. Check it over a greater distance say 300mm in fresh air ie. in the midi type g1 f500 x300 and check to see if it has move exactly 300mm then do the same on Y ie type Y300 and check that. you might have to amend the steps per.
    Last edited by Clive S; 23-01-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Joe don't get despondent, this is normal when first getting the machine calibrated. Check it over a greater distance say 300mm in fresh air ie. in the midi type g1 f500 x300 and check to see if it has move exactly 300mm then do the same on Y ie type Y300 and check that. you might have to amend the steps per.
    Thanks Clive, it was nice to see it cutting at last and I’m sure I will get it all sorted but I have quite a few things to fix and finish and I’m getting very impatient!! I will have another go tomorrow...

Hi Joe, good to see your machine is moving, albeit not as accurately as it should! I've been using my machine for a while...as you can see from the state of the bed (sacrificial) I still make mistakes. Every day is a learning day

Hope you get it sorted soon

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

No big deal.
    Like Clive said you run the calibration and Mach 3 asks if the axis you calibrate,each time,moved at the distance you want,you put the correct distance in the proper box and you see the machine do the correction!
    Nice to make the first cut , especially with a machine you build, right?

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread Information