. .
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    So starting up again, I got the spindle control from Mach set up last night. All seems to work OK, apart from the RPM readout on Mach reads 0 regardless of the spindle speed. Is that normal? The one setting I was not sure about was mach's "spindle pulley" settings. The IP-M manual was not much help on that front. Does anyone know what this should be set to for a 2.2KW chinese water-cooled spindle?
    Hi Joe, good to see you back on your machine. Mine’s been working fine since I 95% finished it!! I’ll have a look at my spindle pulley settings tomorrow, I’ve been using it tonight for 4 hours cutting kits but didn’t see your posts (I don’t come on here much anymore, although I should!) in time. Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

2. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Hi Joe, good to see you back on your machine. Mine’s been working fine since I 95% finished it!! I’ll have a look at my spindle pulley settings tomorrow, I’ve been using it tonight for 4 hours cutting kits but didn’t see your posts (I don’t come on here much anymore, although I should!) in time. Neil

Cheers Neil!

No problems Joe.

I seem to remember doing something similar with my bearing spacers as I dropped one on the floor never to be seen again!

Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Good to see you back at it Joe - hope you sort those spacers out without too much hassle :)

I'm still using this thread as an awesome source of information - I've got a couple of questions though:

Your electrical diagrams are awesome - can you point me towards the software you used?
    Your cabinet looks pretty decently sized for the layout - could you share the dimensions? Would you go bigger/smaller if you did it again?

Thanks!
    Andy

5. Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Good to see you back at it Joe - hope you sort those spacers out without too much hassle :)

I'm still using this thread as an awesome source of information - I've got a couple of questions though:

Your electrical diagrams are awesome - can you point me towards the software you used?
    Your cabinet looks pretty decently sized for the layout - could you share the dimensions? Would you go bigger/smaller if you did it again?

Thanks!
    Andy
    Hi Andy, I have an updated circuit diagram that I will upload as I had a few mistakes on the last one... take it with a pitch of salt though as I’m no expert!! I just used the cad software we use at work for the diagram, which is archicad. Not ideal but did the job ok!

The cabinet is a decent size, I got it second hand off eBay and it had a few bits in it and the rotary switch already installed. I’d defiantly go big if you have the space. I found mine to be about right. I’ll try and get some dims for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

7. Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post

Thanks!
    Andy
    Hi Andy, I have an updated circuit diagram that I will upload as I had a few mistakes on the last one... take it with a pitch of salt though as I’m no expert!! I just used the cad software we use at work for the diagram, which is archicad. Not ideal but did the job ok!

The cabinet is a decent size, I got it second hand off eBay and it had a few bits in it and the rotary switch already installed. I’d defiantly go big if you have the space. I found mine to be about right. I’ll try and get some dims for you.

Hi Andy,

My cabinet is about 790 x 790 x 275 deep. As I said in previous posts, please take this circuit diagram as a guide as to how I have wired my machine - it is from research on here and other places and is not an expert guide and may not be best practice, correct or even safe!? It may also have mistakes in it. I found it useful looking at other peoples diagrams and that is why i'm uploading it, but please do your own and be sure in your own mind that everything is correct before you wire things up. I don't want to be blamed for that infamous magic smoke!!

Cheers

Joe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Circuit Diagram.pdf 
Views:	326 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	25675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe's CNC Cab 1.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	25676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe's CNC Cab 2.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	25677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe's CNC Cab 3.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	25678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe's CNC Cab 4.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	25679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe's CNC Cab 5.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	406.6 KB 
ID:	25680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC Circuit Diagram.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	373.3 KB 
ID:	25681
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 17-04-2019 at 11:47 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

after having a quick look at the wiring diagram
    I would consider wiring two 24V fans in parallel instead of having the two 12V fans in series

Name:	CNC Circuit Diagram 24v fan ver.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	25687
    not sure about the long term reliability of running fans in series

John
    Last edited by john swift; 18-04-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add modded diagram

10. Quote Originally Posted by john swift View Post
    after having a quick look at the wiring diagram
    I would consider wiring two 24V fans in parallel instead of having the two 12V fans in series

Name:	CNC Circuit Diagram 24v fan ver.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	25687
    not sure about the long term reliability of running fans in series

John
    Fair comment John, I was just working with what I had already.

Neat control box and design!

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi Andy,

My cabinet is about 790 x 790 x 275 deep. As I said in previous posts, please take this circuit diagram as a guide as to how I have wired my machine - it is from research on here and other places and is not an expert guide and may not be best practice, correct or even safe!? It may also have mistakes in it. I found it useful looking at other peoples diagrams and that is why i'm uploading it, but please do your own and be sure in your own mind that everything is correct before you wire things up. I don't want to be blamed for that infamous magic smoke!!

Cheers

Joe
    Thanks Joe, that's extremely helpful.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to place a sticker on the inside of my cabinet that ensures any faults or issues are referred back to you! Any magic smoke captured will be posted directly to you - refunds are expected :)

On a serious note though - you're very correct to point that out :) I'll be cross referencing every connection to the manual, and redrawing from scratch for a different breakout board and axis layout.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread Information