. .
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
  1. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No Joe that's definitely not the buffer...Lol

It looks very much like a noise issue.? But knowing your setup and the fact spindle isn't running I'd be surprised if it was.! . . . . Have you grounded the chassis.?

I'd be going over all the wire connections in the control box first looking for loose connections or stray wires. Also If you have any plug connections like DIN sockets on motor cables I'd check them out as well, in fact, chop them off and throw them in the bin as they are a pain in the arse.!!
    The motors are soldered to the cy cable and are wired directly to the drives - no connectors! And the cy shields are grounded at a star ground in the cabinet.

But... The frame is not grounded independently come to think of it, should I take a connection from the steel back to star ground? Is that what you mean by chassis?

I will go hunting for loose connections but pretty sure they are all good as I checked last time I had issues...

The last time (previous post) when I stopped the machine after noticing a problem, it carried on doing these movements after both feedhold and stop, it was only the estop cutting power to the motor that stopped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    But... The frame is not grounded independently come to think of it, should I take a connection from the steel back to star ground? Is that what you mean by chassis?
    Yes, run a wire from the Star point to the Frame and if you want to take the belt n braces approach then run another to the gantry just in case it's not earthing thru the bearings very well.

Do this before doing anything else. That way you'll see if your problems go away just from this.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

4. Well Jazz saves the day again! Amazingly a bit of wire stripped from some twin and earth I had laying around bolted into the frame and back to star ground seems to have done the trick! Ran the machine for 8.5hours continuously without any issues. Cheers Dean

5. Here’s what I was making - a topographical map of (part of) the Middle East cut from Ash. 1st 3D work I’ve tried with the machine.

Top left is Antalya in Turkey and the Taurus mountains, then clockwise Cyprus top middle, the Mediterranean coast of Syria and Lebanon, then Israel and Jordan, the Sinai peninsula, Red Sea and finally Suez, and the Nile opening out into the Mediterranean. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Took about 10.5 hours total to cut. Roughed with a 10mm straight cutter then finished with a 1mm radius tapered ballnose.

Nice Job Joe
    Great to see it in action.
    Regards
    Mike

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Please to see your sorted Joe.

Nice job on the 3D work, Can't beat a 3D file to test the build quality and accuracy of a machine, certainly nothing wrong with your machine.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

9. Little video showing the machine cutting the map for anyone interested in seeing it!

https://youtu.be/xxuR7IvlSUg

https://youtu.be/xxuR7IvlSUg

Looking great! It's quite satisfying watching the work appear out of a block, isn't it?

How have you found using the tapered ballnose? I've only got standard ballnose currently, but the tapered look interesting and looks like you can get much longer shaft lengths which is something I've been struggling with.

Also love the Ash; finding a supplier of wood that isn't DIY/Building trade focus is something I'm also struggling with.

11. Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Looking great! It's quite satisfying watching the work appear out of a block, isn't it?

How have you found using the tapered ballnose? I've only got standard ballnose currently, but the tapered look interesting and looks like you can get much longer shaft lengths which is something I've been struggling with.

Also love the Ash; finding a supplier of wood that isn't DIY/Building trade focus is something I'm also struggling with.
    It sure is, hard to leave it alone! The tapered ballnose worked better than I expected. It was a ‘cheap’ Chinese one from SpeTool on Amazon so I wasn’t expecting great things, but couldn’t fault it really. For hardwood, have you tried local sawmills? A couple near me (within 40mins) have offcut sheds with some decent lumps available for quite reasonable prices

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread Information