. .
Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Coming along nicely Joe....liking the progress even if it is slow...you've still got a long way to go to beat how long it took me to make mine
    Neil...

Build log...here

2. Thanks Neil,

the encouragement is appreciated!

3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JH_Circuit Diagram_Draft 1.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	19425
    Attached is my first crack at a circuit diagram for the machine. I am not sure that I have got the pilz right and I think the estop circuit in general could do with some work as the spindle is not currently part of it. Do I connect to the same contractor I have for the stepper drive power supplies or another? I have a couple of relays left on the pilz X1 if I need them... Also, I'm sure I have read that you shouldn't just cut power to the VFD...?

I'll continue to work on it (and research) but thought I'd put it up for your amusement! As always any comment gratefully received

(Just realised that the resolution reduces when you upload. I will try and sort out the text sizes as they are pretty fuzzy in places)
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 12-10-2016 at 01:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Joe The text is a bit small to read. You are showing a 68V power supply does this also provide the 12V to the fans
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Joe The text is a bit small to read. You are showing a 68V power supply does this also provide the 12V to the fans
    Sorry about the text. It looked OK until I uploaded it. When I get a minute I'll pump it up. Yes the 68v leadshine power supply powers the fans via 12v auxiliary: http://www.leadshine.com/productdeta...model=PS806-12
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 12-10-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Not very easy to read labels but I suspect your using the HV option on controller to turn on contactor.?
    Don't use it my self because it's pain in arse.? It will drop the power to drives every time you put mach into reset. This means because the motors jump when powering drives you'll have to home the machine everytime mach goes into reset. Many times that will be ok but there are others when you don't want that. Like when making simple setting change etc.
    I'd just have the E-stop safety relay switch contactor on.

Couple of small things I see.

#1 Fuse the Water pump.
    #2 Run water pump 0V thru VFD relay so only comes on when spindle running.

Regards VFD power then wouldn't get too OCD about it.! The controller will Stop it spinning when see's E-stop so could leave it out of the E-stop system if you like.
    But if you do want to Kill it then use Timer relay which is set to drop power after spindle stops spinning. Personaly I wouldn't bother because the few times you will Kill power while spindle is spinning won't hurt the VFD. Plus the VFD takes several sec's to power down anyway because of Caps. By which time spindle will have stopped.! . . . . . Anyway If Cutter is embedded in your hand you won't really care because you'll passout before VFD powers down.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 12-10-2016 at 02:29 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

9. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Not very easy to read labels but I suspect your using the HV option on controller to turn on contactor.?
    Don't use it my self because it's pain in arse.? It will drop the power to drives every time you put mach into reset. This means because the motors jump when powering drives you'll have to home the machine everytime mach goes into reset. Many times that will be ok but there are others when you don't want that. Like when making simple setting change etc.
    I'd just have the E-stop safety relay switch contactor on.

Couple of small things I see.

#1 Fuse the Water pump.
    #2 Run water pump 0V thru VFD relay so only comes on when spindle running.

Regards VFD power then wouldn't get too OCD about it.! The controller will Stop it spinning when see's E-stop so could leave it out of the E-stop system if you like.
    But if you do want to Kill it then use Timer relay which is set to drop power after spindle stops spinning. Personaly I wouldn't bother because the few times you will Kill power while spindle is spinning won't hurt the VFD. Plus the VFD takes several sec's to power down anyway because of Caps. By which time spindle will have stopped.! . . . . . Anyway If Cutter is embedded in your hand you won't really care because you'll passout before VFD powers down.
    Thanks Dean! I'll make some changes and up the text size. Appreciate the help.

Hi Guys
    Don't know is it's just my old iMac but if i open the attachment then double click on it it opens a browser window and the screen can be enlarged with mouse click making the text legible.
    Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Guys
    Don't know is it's just my old iMac but if i open the attachment then double click on it it opens a browser window and the screen can be enlarged with mouse click making the text legible.
    Regards
    Mike
    It's them old buggers Mike....forgot to put their glasses on

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    It's them old buggers Mike....forgot to put their glasses on

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Hey your not far wrong I've blown 2 transformer up because didn't put my glasses on . . . Lol

But in this case the small writing for the I/O still isn't clear. Well on my PC anyway.!!

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread Information